Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,
firstly, i hanve not played the game yet, looking very forward to it.
so perhaps it is more clear when actually played, but

why this image on the meldrum card?

as i see it, it is from the comic "v for vendetta", by lloyd (artist) and moore (writer). is it supposed to be fawkes? something to do with blowing up parliament? anarchy? or am i wrong in the similarity of the image?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
hi,
firstly, i hanve not played the game yet, looking very forward to it.
so perhaps it is more clear when actually played, but

why this image on the meldrum card?

as i see it, it is from the comic "v for vendetta", by lloyd (artist) and moore (writer). is it supposed to be fawkes? something to do with blowing up parliament? anarchy? or am i wrong in the similarity of the image?

The image is drawn by Lee Brimmicombe-Wood.

As the playbook explains:

“Sir John Meldrum”:
Sir John Meldrum was a good middle-level commander in the Northern areas for much of the war serving also in Lancaster and Lincolnshire and later around Scarborough after the New Model was formed. We have met him once already in an earlier card. During the siege of Scarborough Sir John was blown off the cliff by a strong wind and floated safely to the ground aided by his billowing cloak. Thus becoming the first paratrooper in history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah! well, that is one classy anecdote! thanks for the info! i will study that playbook.

charley, you are one fast designer to respond!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
ah! well, that is one classy anecdote! thanks for the info! i will study that playbook.

charley, you are one fast designer to respond!

As the Red Baron used to say to me "Rove your assigned airspace and kill the enemy. Everything else is rubbish"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
or am i wrong in the similarity of the image?

You are not wrong that it's inspired by V, which was drawn by my chum John Lloyd and coloured by my good friend Steve Whitaker. Though the card art is completely reartworked rather than a direct reproduction of a comic image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotofficerprune wrote:
superjosef wrote:

You are not wrong that it's inspired by V, which was drawn by my chum John Lloyd and coloured by my good friend Steve Whitaker. Though the card art is completely reartworked rather than a direct reproduction of a comic image.

thanks for the answer.
yay! i knew it!

artistic instict triumphs!

again i am astounded how easy one can establish contact to the gamecreators via this bggforumthingy. the internet prevails!
and smashing game, by the way. had to work that one in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
pilotofficerprune wrote:
superjosef wrote:

thanks for the answer.
yay! i knew it!

artistic instict triumphs!

again i am astounded how easy one can establish contact to the gamecreators via this bggforumthingy. the internet prevails!
and smashing game, by the way. had to work that one in.

This opportunity to link a historical period of English revolutionary activity with a fictional one was too good to miss. And of course we have the same initial letter. The story of Meldrum's cape (rather like the defenestration of Prague) deserves to be told. And all in a way that can amuse those who notice but not get in the faces of those who do not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.