Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » General

Subject: Question from a prospective player... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Jensen
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the Heroes the only pieces that use a miniature? I've been looking at this game, LNoE and Tannhauser, and I think with all three I'd be able to use my Horrorclix collection for the game.

But do the villains use minis?

ie: Headless Horseman becomes the Spectral Horseman, the Deep One becomes the bog monster, etc.

ninja
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John VanDenBerg
United States
Farmington
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've considered miniature stand-ins myself, but the Big Bad is rarely on the board. It's the minions that you're usually dealing with (rats and bats and wolves, etc.) until the showdown, which is typically the last turn of the game.

I guess you could sub some different zombies in LNOE, but not really needed.

Tannhauser is a miniatures game so they would work for that. Personally I found it a great concept with cool figures, but a boring game. YMMV

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jensen
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JTQuest wrote:
I've considered miniature stand-ins myself, but the Big Bad is rarely on the board. It's the minions that you're usually dealing with (rats and bats and wolves, etc.) until the showdown, which is typically the last turn of the game.

I guess you could sub some different zombies in LNOE, but not really needed.

Tannhauser is a miniatures game so they would work for that. Personally I found it a great concept with cool figures, but a boring game. YMMV

I myself aam waiting to see what they do with the Tannhauser revamp, considering the... reviews I see all around here.

Okay, so this game is minion focused? I'll remember that.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Woods
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no minis for the Villains included in the game, but its not difficult to find minis to fit the roles. They are a pretty archetypical bunch. I have used minis for the villains and it does add a little eye-candy but its not really crucial for the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
madslaust wrote:
I myself aam waiting to see what they do with the Tannhauser revamp, considering the... reviews I see all around here.


Tannhauser revamp??

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fionte
United States
Crossville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
madslaust wrote:
I myself aam waiting to see what they do with the Tannhauser revamp, considering the... reviews I see all around here.


Tannhauser revamp??



Check out the "State of the Game" reports here:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=28&...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.