Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eggie and I wanted to go to this restaurant for dinner last night, but they were closed for a private party. We went to our backup plan instead, but when eggie pushed the door and it didn't open, she looked down, defeated.

erak: "I think that door is a pull, dear."

That's right folks, eggie relived this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Face!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple weeks ago my wife and I went to a restaurant that had double glass doors at the entrance. I, as is a standard course of action, grabbed the wrong door. As I'm pushing and pulling on the door that won't open, sure that it is merely stuck, the hostess, bartender, and three waiters were just staring at me as if I was the dumbest person on Earth (The truth is I'm only the second dumbest, and I can tell the difference in how people stare at me and I don't care for the accusation).

My wife then effortlessly enters the eatery through the door next to me with a little smirk on her face. You should of seen the look I gave the back her head as she strode past. Ha, take that back of my wife's head, I win again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hendricks
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of the engineering building at UNLV and how much I loved watching people walk up to where the doors are and being confronted with what looked like a solid wall of tinted glass - the door handles are masterfully hidden within a metal beam. It was always the most fun observing this if you were inside, because they couldn't see you laughing at them through the tinted glass. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've mentioned this before. The Radio Shack I worked at 15 years ago had double doors. The right side was a pull, the left a push, both clearly marked. I watched a lady come up to the door and push on the right. Then she pulled on the left. Then she stared at me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Eggie and I wanted to go to this restaurant for dinner last night, but they were closed for a private party. We went to our backup plan instead, but when eggie pushed the door and it didn't open, she looked down, defeated.

erak: "I think that door is a pull, dear."

That's right folks, eggie relived this:

I did, indeed do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite story about pushing/pulling doors is:

I was with my dad and we were going to a store. There was a sign on the door that said, "Door gets stuck. Pull very hard." So my dad is pulling and yanking with all his might. Suddenly we see the employee inside hurry to the door - to unlock it. The door had been locked by mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.