Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put the board in the bottom of the base game box, with the 6 petri dishes on top of it.

I bagged everything else in 3x5 inch bags from Staples.

- The Red and Green Epidemics together
- All of the Roles and Info cards together
- All of the Special Event cards together
- All of the Mutation cards in one bag
- The two base decks I divided into two bags each

Then I layed it all out on top of the dishes. Put the pad and rules on top and it all fits!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this too. The box becomes a little thicker, but it seems to work! Although, when people talk about everything fitting in one box, I think they are generally referring to the situation where all components fit in the box and the lid closes tightly and fully around the base, such that it isn't loose. That's not the case with your solution, so it won't please everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No my lid fits on tight. Did you divide the infection cards into two separate bags, and the player cards into two bags as well?? That's the key. Otherwise you're right the lid will sit higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about how you got this to work. I did the same thing, but the lid doesn't fit snugly. I had to leave the bioterrorist pad out to avoid this.

Any chance you could post a photo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the German version of both the base game and the expansion myself. The base game box is a bit larger than in the English version, so is the game board actually. Everything fits neatly into the box here, without any trouble whatsoever and even without taking out the box inlay

Edit: Picture approved, so here it is:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is mine:

Then:

And:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should put the pad/rules down first on the board, so the petri dishes don't scratch up the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlock wrote:
Here is mine:

Nice!

I think what I overlooked is that I have my cards sleeved, which adds a fair amount to the size of the card stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scwont wrote:
mlock wrote:
Here is mine:

Nice!

I think what I overlooked is that I have my cards sleeved, which adds a fair amount to the size of the card stacks.

Yes, that is what's preventing my box from closing tightly as well. Considering all the shuffling involved in this game, I still think the card sleeves are worth a bulging box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my game in front of me, but I'm sure the that plastic dishes alone prevent my lid from going on snugly, never mind putting anything on top of them. I have the earliest printing of the game though. I wonder if my box is different.

It looks green in that picture. Mine is dark blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlock wrote:
Here is mine:

Then:

And:

My solution is the same, split the decks and they all fit....until the next expansion laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laminate one sheet of the pad, add in a dry-erase marker, and throw out the rest of the pad, and you make it relatively easy to close the box lid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this, and here's our storage solution - a minor variant on others, it would seem:

Note use of rolled up baggy with the old pawns in to keep the petri dishes from sliding around too much, and the "(time) poor man's" tuck boxes (otherwise known as a strip of printer paper taped at the ends) for keeping card decks in one piece.

Box lid fits on top no problems. Not sure what to do with the OtB box now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you guys don't have real vials. Unfortunately that kills the box for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.