Runebound (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: A Major Advance Since The Days of Dungeon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Paris
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
I own the original Dungeon along with a few other boardgames from that time period (shadowlord, etc.) and I must say, even though there are quite a few rules and pieces to Runebound, it just doesn't get any better than this.

As a long time roleplayer of various tabletop games, the ability to "level up" my character in a board game, like Runebound allows, is just great. And its very simple and easy to do and keep track of (even IF you have +10 Melee!).

The board itself is fairly easy to follow. I do seem to always miss a gem spot when setting up. The cards are all excellent. Great art plus easy to read.

Runebound was so easy to learn that after about three turns I already knew how to play. The expansions were simple to add into the game as well.

Roaming around the board, doing quests, shopping at towns, is really fun. Trying to take on harder quests before you should is always a challenge and there is that feeling of great success when you can pull it off.

Runebound is great to play with a few friends but you can easily play it by yourself and have just as much fun. The variant rules are good, but ultimately fall short. The one thing I noticed once I got very used to the game is that I wish the challenges were harder for yellow, blue, and red. That would give you a more epic feel than you currently get.

But all in all, a superb game with endless fun. Don't be afraid to give it a chance, especially if you are a fan of Dungeon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.