Subject: Turning off the really rubbish adverts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have enough gg to turn off the ads if I want to, but I actually like seeing the game and gameshop ones, they've led me to interesting things in the past and are probably the only internet ads I've ever clicked through on.

But the completely unrelated ones are so annoying that I'm tempted to dump the whole lot. I don't want one easy trick to a slimmer stomach, I have no debt problems, my teeth are quite white enough and so on.

Is it impossible to set up 'no rubbish ads' option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BlackSpy wrote:
my teeth are quite white enough

You might want to double check that (based on your location)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSpy wrote:
But the completely unrelated ones are so annoying that I'm tempted to dump the whole lot. I don't want one easy trick to a slimmer stomach, I have no debt problems, my teeth are quite white enough and so on.

I'll take any of those in place of the stool softener ad than popped up for a short time last year. Saw it twice on the page for Puerto Rico. I was sure some Agricola fan was responsible. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer S.
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest I've come is to turn off just the ad section that seems to hold those that annoy me. Which means I've blocked the leaderboard and the skyscraper. I may bring back the leaderboard for a while as the skyscraper was where the most annoying ads showed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno. I'm a proponent of using firefox with adblock, but it is frustrating that the little adds that are game-specific get blocked with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msbtch2u wrote:
BlackSpy wrote:
my teeth are quite white enough

You might want to double check that (based on your location) :p

Context is everything. My teeth are quite white enough for Scotland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.