Subject: Fully Barricaded Marker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Daley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really loving the rules for Barricades. They are simple and easy to learn, but they really add so much to the game. However, the barricades themselves are a little awkward to use. Especially when you get an entire building is barricaded. Has anyone considered making a Fully Barricaded marker to replace all of the individual barricades? Currently my gaming group just removes all the individual barricades and tries to remember the buildings that are barricaded.

If anyone has made one already, I'd love to see it. I may give it a shot this weekend if I have time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good idea. I was thinking that while the barricade markers look cool, something simpler like different length sticks would be more practical and get in the way less. I might cut up some popsicle sticks or something... But since a fully barricaded building will always remain that way, a single marker in the building to indicate that would be good. I guess maybe you could take a long barricade marker and lay it across diagonally...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Daley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the Zombie Grave Weapons figures, so I have a bunch of Grave Weapon markers that I don't have any use for. I was thinking of printing something the same size and gluing it on one of those. One scenario in particular starts with two fully barricaded buildings, so I figured that I'd need about three or four of them total in case the heroes wanted to barricade a few more.

Edit: I made some markers last night, but they aren't all that interesting. I tried to keep them the same color as the original barricades.

They should print out to 1 inch in diameter. That's the same size as a spawning pit or a Grave Weapon Marker.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Daley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's attempt number 2. Click to zoom in.

Edit: I'm new at photoshop. This one should be more clear, but bigger.

I guess you could just paste it into Word and then resize it to the desired size before printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.