Agricola» Forums » News

Subject: Back on Top, Baby! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooooot!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc Nguyen
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm, its been for a couple of weeks now. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Da L0C wrote:
Umm, its been for a couple of weeks now. shake

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chamberlain
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is an ok game, but of the top 10 games that I have played, I find it the most boring. seems BGG members that rank stuff have a love for worker placement games for some reason and this elevates games like agricola to the top. agricola, puerto rico, caylus, ... the list goes on.

so much so that I wish I could filter the list to show me only those which are not worker placement games. I'm tired of the latter. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klintus Fang wrote:
It is an ok game, but of the top 10 games that I have played, I find it the most boring. seems BGG members that rank stuff have a love for worker placement games for some reason and this elevates games like agricola to the top. agricola, puerto rico, caylus, ... the list goes on.

so much so that I wish I could filter the list to show me only those which are not worker placement games. I'm tired of the latter. soblue

http://boardgamegeek.com/advsearch/boardgame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chamberlain
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nmadd wrote:
Klintus Fang wrote:

thanks. hadn't noticed that before. surprised to see that some of the games that i think of as worked placement (like puerto rico) are not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klintus Fang wrote:
nmadd wrote:
Klintus Fang wrote:

thanks. hadn't noticed that before. surprised to see that some of the games that i think of as worked placement (like puerto rico) are not.

PR _isn't_ a worker placement game. You place workers, sure, but the core mechanic is a number of public spaces where a limited number of units (usually 1, but can be more, Stone Age for example has 7 on a number of spots, and Caylus has 2 on some spots and 3 on the starting player spot) can be placed. The key is public spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.