Dan Peterson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered some games from a few sites about a week and a half ago. One of the games I wanted was only available from Desertislandgames.com. All of my other orders have arrived EXCEPT this one.

I have tried to check on the website using the confirmation number I was given, but it says there is no record of it (I have a screen shot of the confirmation number so I didn't copy it down incorrectly). I have tried sending emails, but gotten no response.

Has anyone else had luck (good or bad) with this online retailer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar experience. I think they just don't maintain an accurate inventory, leading to times when it appears they have games available that are really OOP. In my case, I purchased a game from them that is OOP and waited. And waited. After about 6 weeks I got an email saying they couldn't fill the order because their distributor no longer had copies, and my credit card was refunded.

I can't remember now if I bugged them about it (I know I sent a couple emails asking about it) or if they just finally refunded it. I think I had to bug them a little bit.

Its funny, I just today saw another OOP game that their site has for sale, and decided that I didn't think they really had a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

London
Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
I ordered a game from them a week ago today. It has not been shipped, and I sent an e-mail to them yesterday asking them to cancel my order and return my money so I could order from somebody else. No response to my e-mail. Web site still says my game is ordered, but not shipped.

I don't think I'm going to order from this company again. 7 days after I ordered and my order has not shipped yet. That's bad business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Peterson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zelock wrote:
I ordered a game from them a week ago today. It has not been shipped, and I sent an e-mail to them yesterday asking them to cancel my order and return my money so I could order from somebody else. No response to my e-mail. Web site still says my game is ordered, but not shipped.

I don't think I'm going to order from this company again. 7 days after I ordered and my order has not shipped yet. That's bad business.

Agreed. It seems that this company credited my account but never notified me or contacted me in any way. Stay away from this online retailer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

London
Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
Same thing happened to me. They credited my account without even telling me. Stay away from these guys. I did order my game from another retailer, but I'm getting more than a week later than I should have because of DesertIslandGames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html?ie=UTF...

Also posted to other Desert Island Games thread.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.