Subject: Dirk and the expansion tiles... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find any information about how Dirk interacts with the expansion tiles (The Camps). A couple solutions immediately came to mind... and I wonder which people use:

1. Redraw Dirk's tiles until he has only the appropriate number of original city tiles.

2. Dirk keeps the expansion tiles and scores no points for them

3. Dirk keeps the expansion tiles and scores some number of points for them. I'm not sure what those points would be...

If there is a best way to handle this, please let me know! Most of my games are two players and we would like to play the expansion correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Given that no rules instruct you to do the other two, I would play it as option 2. He keeps the tiles but score no points for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Foster
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play a lot of two player games and so far we have chosen option 1. The other Brian's suggestion (option 2) also makes sense, and we will play it that way next time, since we usually play with the Camps. Don't know how you would score it in #3. Maybe someone else has an idea about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always done #2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens www.spielefreun.de
Germany
Heinersreuth
flag msg tools
designer
Nobody reads this, anyway!
badge
Doea anybody read this, anyway?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have asked Queen games how this is handled.

No. 2 is the official answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Motorkopf wrote:
I have asked Queen games how this is handled.

No. 2 is the official answer.

soblue

I have always used the first option - no barracks to Dick. And I'll keep doing it - giving barracks to him makes him too weak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.