Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Richter
United States
Springfield
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the Valley Games version.

Rulebook pg. 9 under 6.3 indicates that an unaccompanied General "does not restrict placement of reinforcements and would be displaced if reinforcements are placed into that space"

How can this happen? I am thinking that this would be VERY limited in application.

1) a Roman unaccompanied General is in Carthage or New Carthage when the Carthage player chooses to put his 1CU in Carthage (or New Carthage).

2) A Carthage general is unaccompanied in Rome and the Roman general puts some of his reinforcement CU in Rome.

Would there be another example?? (I cannot think of another situation where at reinforcement stage, an unaccompanied General would be somewhere that the other player could put CU according to the reinforcement rules EXCEPT Rome, Carthage or New Carthage.

I suppose you could have 2 unaccompanied generals in the same spot and then one gets to reinforce, no?

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an edge case but could possibly come up. I think the idea here is to reinforce the notion that a general by himself is not considered an army or a unit and has no effect on placement of reinforcements. I think there could be other situations you haven't listed but are still pretty rare. In any event, if reinforcements are placed in such a situation the rule regarding what happens to unaccompanied generals applies (ie. displacement).

I think the rules try to be consistent. There are questions elsewhere which ask if a general's special power can be used if unaccompanied. The answer again is generally "no."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.