Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was so happy to receive Timber Tom in the mail today. The board was in good condition (a few frayed edges here and there, nothing major), but I was a little perplexed about storing the game.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to close the game box like most games. Most games have a lid and the box, and they fit over each other. In Timber Tom, the two "halves" don't overlap. I have to use the thin cardboard cover, which doesn't look like it will stand up to much use.

I don't want to use a rubberband to hold the two halves of the game together in transit or for storage, as I don't want the rubber band to leave any marks on the box

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I have the game, I fully know what you mean.

But that thin outer cover will last longer than you think, unless you get really wild and crazy. I have had my copy over a year and the outer cover still looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I store it additionally in the parcel it came in. Reminds me of the day it arrived. And there is space inside for the expansion ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
How long did it take for your copy to come in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered it late February 3rd, and received it on the 10th. Considering that the fulfillment company Marco uses is in Pennsylvania, and I'm in a suburb of Los Angeles, that's pretty quick shipping.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hmm...I ordered mine on the 10th and was told it was shipped on the 11th. I am only one day shipping away from where it was sent in the US. It still hasn't come in and they haven't responded to any of my follow up emails. I'm beginning to wonder if i'll ever see the game. Well at least I paid with a credit card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine today and they said it shipped on the 23rd so it got here in two days. Amazing looking game - pictures don't do it justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is "they"? Marco responded very quickly the few times I emailed him. Although keep in mind he's in Europe, so he might be fast asleep if you're emailing in the evening hours of the US time zones.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.