Ole
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Please tell me the difference between small and large icons in the textbox, on the Icon Boostercards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small icons are granted to characters, and mean that that character has extra icons. Adding terror icons to a character, for example, means that that character is more likely to win terror struggles for you.

Large icons appear on story attachments, and mean that that struggle will resolve extra times at a story. Adding two terror icons to a story, for example, means that at that story, there are three terror struggles, then one each of combat, arcane, investigation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Thrashbarg

London
msg tools
mbmb
Don't you still resolve the various struggles in the same order though? So that the three terror struggles are resolved after the combat struggle, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes (HighPriest) the same order but actually the Terror struggles come BEFORE the Combat struggles. So if there were two large Terror struggle icons on the card then you would resolve as follows:

Terror
Terror
Terror
Combat
Arcane
Investigation
Story Success
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you don't follow the "order" of the icons on the story or conspiracy cards. Unless modified by some card effect, you always resolve the struggles in this exact order:

1) All terror struggles.
2) All combat struggles.
3) All arcane struggles.
4) All investigation struggles.
5) The story (skill) struggle.

EDIT: I was mistaken - you always follow the order of the icons on the story and conspiracy cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noonespecial wrote:
Yeah, you don't follow the "order" of the icons on the story or conspiracy cards.

I think you do. Some conspiracy card(s) have additional/modified story icons don't they? This does change what struggles happen at that story, regardless of this timing discussion of "big icon" modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Noonespecial wrote:
Yeah, you don't follow the "order" of the icons on the story or conspiracy cards.

I think you do. Some conspiracy card(s) have additional/modified story icons don't they? This does change what struggles happen at that story, regardless of this timing discussion of "big icon" modifiers.

You are correct. I just double checked the FAQ and the original rules and you're right! I thought I read in the CoC:LCG FAQ recently that all struggles of the same type always happen at the same time but I just misremembered the clarification - it was discussing when to resolve struggle icons added to the story card by an attachment or card effect - you still follow the original struggle icon order as presented on the story or conspiracy cards.

Sorry about my confusion... blush

But I'm glad you set me straight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.