Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a 60% off one item coupon for Michaels (the normal coupons are 40% and 50%).

Coupon link:
http://images.revtrax.com/RevTrax/Michaels60.jsp?viewType=vi...

More info is in the thread I found out about it at:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1858371

Edit:
You'll need to manually copy/paste the coupon link since they've started filtering places where you click on it from.

Edit 2:
The SD link had a PDF you can use to print the coupon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Metro Detroit Area
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this, my GF needs new brushes to complete a project and this will save quite a bit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'm trying to think, what do I need??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to note that it states it is valid at certain locations only. I haven't tried it, so they may honor it elsewhere. The coupon itself does not have a location restriction on it, but the site you print it from states it is only valid in the following:

MD: Bowie, Hagerstown, Rockville, Towson, Waldorf, Whitemarsh
ME: Augusta and Portland
NC: Capital, Cary, Durham, Greensboro, Harris, Hickory, Matthews, Wendover, Wilmington, & Winston-Salem
NH: Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth
NY: Amherst, Buffalo Transit, Cheektowaga, Dewitt, Greece, Henrietta, Ithaca, Syracuse
VA: Constitution, Fair Lakes, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Laskin, Leesburg, Red Mills, Roanoke, Springfield, Stirling
WV: Huntingdon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty short list of stores that it is valid at...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe that list of stores is referring specifically to the price matching mentioned on the top of that page? I'll give the coupon a shot this weekend either way. Need to get some hollow punches for my Merchant of Venus remake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like to me that the coupon doesn't have restrictions, but the "WE MATCH COMPETITORS' AD PRICES*" policy does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned in the SD thread, most people have not had trouble when using it in places other than that list.
Anyway, its worth a shot I think. At worst, it doesn't work and the normal frequent 40% or 50% coupon can be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Coupon states:
Quote:
No reproductions or electronic images accepted.
I guess they're not enforcing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:
Coupon states:
Quote:

Be a little hard to, since this coupon link was sent out via email to people who were on thier email list.

Its always amusing to me when companies have fine print that contradicts themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yargo wrote:
pastabatman wrote:
Coupon states:
Quote:

Be a little hard to, since this coupon link was sent out via email to people who were on thier email list.

Its always amusing to me when companies have fine print that contradicts themselves.

It's normal verbiage you see on a lot of printable coupons.. not really sure why they put it on there. Maybe to give every store a chance to decide if they want to take it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just used it to get some Weldbond glue (great stuff, glues almost anything and its non toxic). I'm thinking of using it again to get a foamboard cutting tool.

They didn't give me any trouble about using it. I just handed it over and the cashier just input it in. My city isn't one of the ones listed BTW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IrishFire Herself
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you! I ran out of brown enamel paint working on all of these, so I'm very happy to have a crafty coupon to replenish my supply with!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IrishFire Herself
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn't think it deserved its own thread, but I discovered something sneaky.

You can register at Michaels.com for a 40% off coupon. This coupon lasts some days and can be printed multiple times, though they only accept one per day. I nipped over to Hobby Lobby and printed their 25% coupon through retailmenot.com, too.

I popped into Michaels and asked if they take competitor coupons. They do! I doubt they'd let me use two of their own coupons, but one of theirs and one of their competitor's was just fine. Next, I bopped over to Hobby Lobby, who does NOT accept competitor coupons, and picked up just one item.

I think Michael's also takes Joann Fabric coupons, so I may have been remiss in my pre-shop search-and-print extravaganza!

Any time I know I'll be shopping, I try to take 5-10 minutes to boot the computer, search retailmenot, and print the coupon. I probably average $0.50 savings per minute spent on the endeavor.

I got future Hive and Carcassonne tiles. ^_^ My friends are already pouting that the lighter, smaller wood tiles I bought for Carcassonne can't be nearly as cool, but we'll see if I can't prove them wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
IrishFire wrote:

I got future Hive and Carcassonne tiles. ^_^ My friends are already pouting that the lighter, smaller wood tiles I bought for Carcassonne can't be nearly as cool, but we'll see if I can't prove them wrong.

they sell hexagon tiles at your Michaels??

Lucky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IrishFire Herself
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ranoobu wrote:
IrishFire wrote:

they sell hexagon tiles at your Michaels??

Lucky

No, but they sell hex "mosaic pieces" made of glass for $1.27 a bag at Hobby Robby. They're chunky and weighty and delightful, if somewhat susceptible to conchoidal fractures.

I bought wooden alphabet tiles, too, because they were $3 (pre-coupon) for 52 instead of $1.70 for 8 like the unpainted tiles. So far everyone who's seen them after seeing my ceramic tiles has stuck their nose in the air at the wooden ones, though. *sigh*

They look like this: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?dep=50&cat=85&sub...

Home Depot is great for plain old tile, but not for hexagons. They DO however have the perfect shapes to create a Keythedral set!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IrishFire's comments reminded me of another way to save money shopping online...

Whenever you go to purchase an item online, take a good look at the checkout screen (or shopping cart, sometimes). If they offer a field for a "Coupon Code" or "Promo Code" then hop over to google and search for the vendor's name plus that phrase.

You'll find a number of sites like www.retailmenot.com that collect and share promo codes. I end up finding codes for probably half the vendors I have ordered from, saving anywhere from 5-20%, or the shipping cost.

It's worth the extra couple of minutes.

James

P.S. I noticed that the latest Michael's coupon I received by e-mail came with my email address embedded into the coupon. They probably recognized that folks can print multiples of a coupon and are trying to curtail too much of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
My latest is still non-specific.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gp9itvSM9Aw/S3_zAOsqVaI/AAAAAAAADW...

40% off 1 item, good until tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.