• [+] Dice rolls
Byron Grimes
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review, Tom. I do like games that make you cry after thinking. So it (and Mutton) will eventually be on my buy list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you, Byron. Mutton is certainly fun, and Néstor's edition of it looks awesome. I have played it with a standard Hexpack, using BuyWord tiles to represent the sheep, and I've played it online. I love the look of Corporation (Go, Mireia!), and Tom's agonized description sells me on it, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the game would benefit from a set of black cubes to indicate which rows have been used that turn.

If a red piece is on top of a yellow piece in a blue room, does it move up on red/yellow or red/blue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
greyareabeyond wrote:
It looks like the game would benefit from a set of black cubes to indicate which rows have been used that turn.

If a red piece is on top of a yellow piece in a blue room, does it move up on red/yellow or red/blue?

Hi.

Those cubes will be useless, as the same promotion can be used more than once per turn.

A red piece on top of a yellow piece moves up on red/yellow.

I hope this helps,

Néstor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n_r_a wrote:
greyareabeyond wrote:

Hi.

Those cubes will be useless, as the same promotion can be used more than once per turn.

A red piece on top of a yellow piece moves up on red/yellow.

I hope this helps,

Néstor

Ah, did Tom have that wrong in the review then? Or maybe I misunderstood him.

So you look at the chart on the right and if any of the pieces can move, you select one and move it up. Then you just repeat this process until there are no visible pieces that can move. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. That is correct.

I think Tom had that wrong. As you can see in the video, there are some promotions that can be executed again, but Tom didn't do it.

I hope this helps.

Néstor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of Reef Encounter. I thought Tom liked that one, so i'm surprised he didn't like this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if he didn't get the rules right, and he thought a minor component was absent....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gone back and played with the corrected rules, and that DOES take away my gripe about remembering which line to use.

However, it does point out that the rules are unclear on this - because I just didn't get that from them.

This game is NOTHING like Reef Ecnounter.

Anyway, even with the updated rules - still don't like it. It's still WAY too much of a brainburner, and not much fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
If you play this game with anybody who remotely takes time making their decisions, then you will want to burn the game in a roaring pit of fire.

Gahahaha, I laughed so hard at this line

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"A game that makes you cry after thinking".

I couldn't have described the game better!

Probably one of the best brain-toasters I've ever played and THE nestorgames brain-toaster.

Néstor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing against a friend (mathematician and chess player) our game lasted almost an hour. But it was a very close and interesting match, as we both had only one piece remaining on the board and both neutral colors were very close to winning!

Very good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was the best review I've ever seen from Tom.

Something about the snappy pacing and the dry sense of humor. The setup and closing were hilarious. Well-done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
However, it does point out that the rules are unclear on this - because I just didn't get that from them.

Maybe you're right. I changed the "promotions" paragraph a month ago to clarify this (thank you
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

for the re-writing).

Unfortunately I sent the game to Tom before this.

I learn every day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, you may exchange any 2 counters on the Director's table, not just the "couples".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, he eventually demonstrated that later in the video. I was confused about that at first, but finally he swapped two very different counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.