Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play games during lunch at work with one other guy, and we have half an hour. We can pinch out a game of Dominion in 20 min and we have managed to play Pandemic too, there is enough time if we lose

My question is could we play Race for the Galaxy in 0.5 hrs ± 5 min?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easily, it usually plays faster than Dominion (once you've got to grips with the symbols at any rate), especially 2 player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks chaps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
We get three 3-player games done in an hour, but it took some time to get familiar with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
We get three 3-player games done in an hour, but it took some time to get familiar with the game.

Three player is also weird in race (and can take longer) due to three phases (max) per round. 2p (adv) or 4 player already has more. I don't mind playing and with the right three people it will still be VERY fast, just mentioning the mechanics issue that can make 3 take longer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandru Stanuta
Romania
Berceni
ILFOV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I and my fiancee play a 2-player advance game in about 20 minutes. Sometimes we even play it in 15 minutes. But this comes after many plays, while we became familiar with the cards, icons and gameplay.

Regards,
Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I had limited time like you are describing, I would play the first game to 6 builds, then the 2nd to 9 builds, then from then on to a full game of 12 worlds/developments. This should allow your friend to learn the game and also keep it in the timeframe of a half hour for each game.

I also agree that once you have learned, you may be able to squeeze in two games of this - particularly advanced 2 player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it... I'm buying it!

I love it when I get to that moment of final justification for buying a new game laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tevacircus wrote:
If I had limited time like you are describing, I would play the first game to 6 builds, then the 2nd to 9 builds, then from then on to a full game of 12 worlds/developments. This should allow your friend to learn the game and also keep it in the timeframe of a half hour for each game.

This is a very good point. If you both have to slowly learn the game in 30 min chunks, you'll have to shorten the game during the learning phase, until you start using 2 action phases per player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.