Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, Octavian and other mods I won't mention are not treating me like the delicate, special snowflake that I am. I urge you to demand that they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I eat cakes.

For breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I say we divide that Legomancer cake evenly between admins and us, non-special snowflakes goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goadrich
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This post has been flagged to summon the appropriate admin for your snowflake needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they think you will go away if they ignore you (little do they know!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
why is there cake talk when clearly the OP's avatar is PIE ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
c'mon, submit some links or a game or something, I'll give you the full treatment...

For the record, we are admins;
mods are you folk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elstree
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, way to belittle people's legitimate complaints and build confidence in impartial moderation.

Nicely done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elstree wrote:
Wow, way to belittle people's legitimate complaints and build confidence in impartial moderation.

Nicely done.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
Guys, Octavian and other mods I won't mention are not treating me like the delicate, special snowflake that I am. I urge you to demand that they do.

Great deity-one-chooses-to-blaspheme, Dave!!! Snowflakes are dime a dozen in your neck of the woods this time of year. What you should you expect but to be but plowed under, shoveled in a pile and baptized by the local canines?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elstree wrote:

Nicely done.

People's legitimate complaints my ass... When people start behaving like grown-ups rather than prancing children, I am all for legitimate complaints and requests.

(Sorry, nothing personal Elstree, it is not you who I have in mind.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
... are not treating me like the delicate, special snowflake that I am.

I was sure there was a microbadge for that... mb Oh wait, you want an exclusive, don't you? Don't worry, every snowflake is unique! You just have to look really, really "Close".

Okay, I'll quit with the puns now. Back to yer regularly scheduled whining...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elstree
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
(Sorry, nothing personal Elstree, it is not you who I have in mind.)
No offense taken. Note that my previous comment was based on the assumption (inferred from Skelebone's subsequent comment in the thread) that the OP is an unbadged moderator. I thought (and still do think, if Legomancer be a moderator) that it's a totally inappropriate attitude for a moderator to express.

For what it's worth, I believe I found the thread that sparked the OP's post, and I personally agree that the guy who started that thread is purposefully pushing people's buttons. Nonetheless, as a matter of principle I think that mods should maintain the public impression that all complaints, no matter how patience-trying, will be treated seriously and fairly, not that they will be dismissed as childish whining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should note that, in certain parts of the country these days, snowflakes are running a little low on popular opinion polls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:

I smell a COMPLAINT!!

Moved. Feel better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Elstree wrote:
Note that my previous comment was based on the assumption (inferred from Skelebone's subsequent comment in the thread) that the OP is an unbadged moderator.

Oops, not what I intended to imply. What I actually meant was that the users that have the BGG Admin badge are properly titled as admins, and administrate the data on the site. The term is often mixed with moderators or mods, which is what users do with BGG data, as in ImageMod.

Also, there was some tongue-in-cheek humor there as well.

Edited because I know damn well that I must imply before you can infer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Elstree wrote:
For what it's worth, I believe...

What you do not know is the fact that Legomancer has been named Final Arbiter of Taste & Justice as of Jan 1st, thus ending God's lengthy search for someone to straighten this World. Legomancer will have final say on every known subject, including who should hold office, what clothes everyone should wear, what movies suck, whether bald men who grow ponytails should still get laid and how internet forum complainers should be treated. I, for one, support his selection to this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
What you do not know is the fact that Legomancer has been named Final Arbiter of Taste & Justice as of Jan 1st,...

I, for one, welcome our new Taste & Justice Overlord. zombie

jmilum wrote:
Moved. Feel better?

Dude, you should've chitchatted this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
Dude, you should've chitchatted this!

You are absolutely correct...

CHIT CHAT ' D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Legomancer wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
... Legomancer has been named Final Arbiter of Taste & Justice as of Jan 1st,

So will Dave be telling us what is and isn't ART from now on, or is that a separate position that you'll be retaining?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:
So will Dave be telling us what is and isn't ART from now on, or is that a separate position that you'll be retaining?

He can consult me if he wants, but I think he's got a solid grasp.

Besides, my "it is art, stupid... don't ask questions" comments were entirely there to get the panties in a bunch by those that actually responded to them. I phrased them as a preemptive attack on stupidity to see who would respond. Sorry, sounds mean... and it was... but it was kind of performance art on its own, so all is fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.