Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there

I just got this game after I was pointed to it by this geeklist. After a first play and perusing the inofficial FAQ, and then pondering why this game does not get the praise it deserves, I have a couple questions where I'm only 80% certain that I got the answer right.

1) Crystalline Swarm / Fungoid Swarm:
1a) Is it correct that I can play one of those at the start of the round, before or after actually placing a couple fresh Fungoids or Crystallines in my starting spaces, and then use their quick movement to outflank everything on the board?
1b) Can I move through enemy units this way or is that still not possible?

2) Critical Objective: Can I chain this? Meaning, can I play a Critical Objective to make another battle happen in a space, and then play another Critical Objective to make a third battle happen in the same space?

3) Unit Limits: Units are limited, as page 5 of the rulebook explains. I assume this also means that I can not voluntarily destroy a unit when I would be able to place a new one, be it through an exploration tile or because I want to purchase a new unit of that type?

Thanks in advance for your answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
1) Crystalline Swarm / Fungoid Swarm:
1a) Is it correct that I can play one of those at the start of the round, before or after actually placing a couple fresh Fungoids or Crystallines in my starting spaces, and then use their quick movement to outflank everything on the board?

Yes.

haslo wrote:
1b) Can I move through enemy units this way or is that still not possible?

Basically you teleport them, so don't worry about enemy units in other spaces.

haslo wrote:
2) Critical Objective: Can I chain this? Meaning, can I play a Critical Objective to make another battle happen in a space, and then play another Critical Objective to make a third battle happen in the same space?

Sounds legit to me.

haslo wrote:
3) Unit Limits: Units are limited, as page 5 of the rulebook explains. I assume this also means that I can not voluntarily destroy a unit when I would be able to place a new one, be it through an exploration tile or because I want to purchase a new unit of that type?

I've never seen that question, but without a rule specifying that you could destroy other units to override the unit restrictions, I'd say you can't do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot

In the vein of that answer to question 2), does the same apply to other cards that look like they could stack? Like for example Outflank (two for +4), or Forced March (two extra spaces)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Thanks a lot

In the vein of that answer to question 2), does the same apply to other cards that look like they could stack? Like for example Outflank (two for +4), or Forced March (two extra spaces)?

I'm wondering if you've browsed the old threads in the rules folder, where similar questions have been discussed. For instance, this one:

Simple Question: Do Battle Stimulants Stack?

Most people seem to think you can stack modifiers. I think it's best to just consider that as a general question, rather than case by case. It's a good idea to agree on how you're going to do it before you start a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did, but I must have overlooked that Thanks a lot. Yeah, makes sense to agree on a ruling before the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.