Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of questions pertaining to the rules for Cambodia and Laos.

1) The second paragraph under section 16 reads...

"A faction may collapse if there are no units of that faction remaining on the map. All are either future reinforcements or in the Body Count Box."

I assume this is suppose to read...

"A faction may collapse if there are no units of that faction remaining on the map. All future reinforcements and units in the Body Count Box do not count as being on the map."

And 2) Assuming I have the above correct and one is playing any of the scenarios that predate the Cambodian reinforcements arriving on the map, both sides have to pay 3 SRP each year so to avoid the collapse of the government. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so. I think there is an explicit rule missing stating that players don't check for Cambodian faction collapse until Cambodian entrance.

The reason I say this is that there is an implicit rule to this effect, stated in the example interphase for 1968 starting on page 4, "First we check for the collapse of a faction in Laos (Cambodia is still neutral)..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cambodian factions cannot collapse until they appear on the board in 1969. Ignore them and any payments until they appear. The controlling player faces payment or collapse if all deployed Cambodian or Laotian faction units are in the Body Count Box. Ignore any units who have not yet appeared as reinforcements; treat them as if they did not exist.

For example, in 1969 Blue deploys 2 vet Cambodian units in Cambodia. During the year, Red eliminates both units. Blue now faces Cambodian collapse because both (all) deployed Cambodian units have been killed. Future Cambodian reinforcements are not considered. Blue must pay SRPs or watch his Cambodian faction collapse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.