Subject: Valley Games Puzzle Board a Pain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BJ
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Yeah I killed women and children, killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another and I'm here to kill you Little Bill"
badge
"It's a Sicilian message. It means Luci Brasi sleeps with the fishes."
mbmbmbmbmb
First off let me say that H:RvC is one of my favourite games and I think the Valley Games version is beautiful. That being said, I find the puzzle board to be a huge pain. When laid out on the table, my copy is constantly popping up in places. I have tried flattening the boards under heavy objects, which works for a while but eventually the boards revert back to their original warp. Does anyone else find this to be the case or I am I just being picky? Does anyone have any suggestions or to I have to bite the bullet and buy some plexiglass?

BJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I've played a couple dozen times with a friend's set over the past year, and his puzzle board always laid flat with no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This also happened to me when I owned the VG edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ketchum
United States
New Castle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I feel your pain, but I'm glad it's a real board and not just a paper map; it's worth the trouble.

The one clear solution I have is to glue it to a nice backing, making a complete, seamless map. If you constantly have to travel with your game, it wouldn't work. If you ever wanted to re-sell the game, it wouldn't be an option. I'd like to do this, but I have to travel with the game at times. I'd love it if I were rich. I'd buy an extra copy of the game and keep one travel edition and one home edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Yeah I killed women and children, killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another and I'm here to kill you Little Bill"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've considered glueing it but I travel with my games as well. I have the pieces laying flat under a bunch of heavy books right now.

BJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tiger tiger
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like your boards may have warped. Or possibly your table is not flat? I'm not sure plexi would help with warped puzzle board pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan F. Santana Miralles
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think your boards must have some kind of problem, because mine lies perfectly flat.

I know 5 other people who own the game and they don´t have that problem neither...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a perfectly flat, wonderful board (from a great German print-run), in this box.

Humidity can warp anything though... do you have a damp basement or game room perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had this problem, but plexiglass might be the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The boards were warped when I pulled them out of the box for the first time about a year ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bjhenderson wrote:
The boards were warped when I pulled them out of the box for the first time about a year ago.

Mine were warped also. I left them under some very heavy books in a dry room for a couple of weeks, and they have stayed flat ever since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am doing that right now (I'm on day 2). Before I would put some books on them the day before playing a game but they would always revert back to their original warp . I'm going to give them 10 days under the books. I hope it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
bjhenderson wrote:
I'm going to give them 10 days under the books. I hope it works.

Try threatening them too. "You can't come out until you're flat!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.