Hide
5 Posts

EastFront II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hew Control and Zone of Control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Enrique Escribano
msg tools
Hex control is determined at the begining of each Phase (Command, Movement, Combat, supply and production and remains unchanged Throught that phase (Rule 8.1), let's suppose If I occupy one hex during the normal Movement Phase and that a blitz phase is launched by me by another HQ after the normal movement phase. May I then exit from a battle adyacent to this new friendly hex as a phase has finished and therefore I have consolidated the ownership of the Hex (the one where I moved in the first movement phase (the one before the blitz)?.

I have another question does the zone of Control cross a river when we are in winter time and the river is frozen?,

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
...let's suppose If I occupy one hex during the normal Movement Phase and that a blitz phase is launched by me by another HQ after the normal movement phase. May I then exit from a battle adyacent to this new friendly hex as a phase has finished and therefore I have consolidated the ownership of the Hex (the one where I moved in the first movement phase (the one before the blitz)?.

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes. If a hex becomes friendly during the first phase of a turn, then units can disengage into that hex during the blitz phase. You will see this a lot in the first German turn of a Barbarossa scenario -- German units will disengage FORWARDS during the blitz phase into hexes that became friendly earlier in the turn.

Quote:
...does the zone of Control cross a river when we are in winter time and the river is frozen?

No, ZOC do not extend across rivers (whether or not they are frozen).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejan Vranic
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you disangage from battle to the hex that no one has zone of control over if you concured that hex earlier in the game? is that hex frendly to you even if you dont have longer zone of control since there are no other frendly blocks nearby?

To make it simple... imagine 2 blocks on the map. One block attacks the other. whistle The next turn you want to disangage. Can you disangage to the same hex you attacked from even if you dont have zone of control over it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A hex remains "friendly" to the last owner. So even if you don´t have a ZOC over it at the moment of disengegement it is still friendly and OK to disengage back into. By the same token, in your example, you would not be able to disengage "forward" since that hex was last ZOC'ed by your opponent and is still owned by him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Axis7114 wrote:
Can you disangage from battle to the hex that no one has zone of control over if you concured that hex earlier in the game? is that hex frendly to you even if you dont have longer zone of control since there are no other frendly blocks nearby?

Yes. A hex stays friendly as long as no enemy unit gains control or disputes it, even if it is currently not occupied by you or in your ZOC. In case of a breakthrough, I find it very helpful to mark hexes behind the enemy lines that are currently friendly to you.

Also, in some areas, you may have to go "out of the way" to gain control of all hexes when your front passes by. Tallinn is one such case - if the Germans aren't careful in Barbarossa, the Soviets can sea move units from Leningrad to Tallinn behind the German front. Remember that just moving past Tallinn does not change control, only stopping next to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.