Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Eat Poop You Cat» Forums » General

Subject: Suggestion for EPYC threads - make each sentence/picture its own post! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're posting a final EPYC thread, please post each sentence and picture as its own post (within a thread or geeklist), so each can be thumbed/commented on separately.

Honestly, if you're posting a big list of sentences and pictures, anyway, it shouldn't take but a few extra seconds to post each one as a new post of its own. They'd still be in the right order and have exactly the same effect when reading them (actually, the slight separation of posts might make it even better to follow everything), but it would be nice to be able to comment/thumb some specific things once the whole thing is done.

I'm really loving these, though, and hope to get in on a game myself soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
This would be great if the complete game has it's own tread. I imagine the main thread would get too cluttered. I wonder if there is a way to effectively do this in the individual session reports.

Join us for a game or seven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
This would be great if the complete game has it's own tread. I imagine the main thread would get too cluttered. I wonder if there is a way to effectively do this in the individual session reports.

Join us for a game or seven.

All I know is I keep reading these when they pop up as their own individual session reports, and there's no reason (I know of) why they couldn't have separate posts for each sentence and picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The session reports are supposed to be a duplicate post. Most of us already comment on the finished games in these threads:

EPYC Chit Chat thread
EPYC Results thread

Check them out. While they are not split up as you suggested we still get to comment after the game was posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if you're watching for more results I believe we are no longer allowed to post these in the sessions forum due to many complaints of us flooding the front page. Sigh.

I think most/all of the sessions have been moved to the Play By Forum part of EPYC.

So subscribe to that forum or to the results thread if you want to keep watching these. (Also the results thread has some games that never got posted as sessions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Reish Galuta wrote:
Also if you're watching for more results I believe we are no longer allowed to post these in the sessions forum due to many complaints of us flooding the front page. Sigh.

Really? When did this happen? Well, unless an admin tells me not to, or I see a post from an admin about it, I will continue to post my final games in the session reports form for EPYC.

EDIT:
I just realized that all my session reports have been posted in the Play By Forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
The session reports are supposed to be a duplicate post. Most of us already comment on the finished games in these threads:

EPYC Chit Chat thread
EPYC Results thread

Check them out. While they are not split up as you suggested we still get to comment after the game was posted.

Well, that's fine, but rather than following some big epic thread, I like how each finished string is posted as its own thread. In which case, make each part a separate post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
If you're posting a final EPYC thread, please post each sentence and picture as its own post (within a thread or geeklist), so each can be thumbed/commented on separately.

You do realize that the person who benefits most by doing so is the person doing the posting. Any thumbs you give someone else's sentence will be going to the poster, not to the caption-er.

Besides which, I'd rather post it as one thing, to be honest; it flows better, and multiple items can be quoted together easier. If you like a particular sentence, QFT it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swmabie wrote:
Grudunza wrote:

You do realize that the person who benefits most by doing so is the person doing the posting. Any thumbs you give someone else's sentence will be going to the poster, not to the caption-er.

Besides which, I'd rather post it as one thing, to be honest; it flows better, and multiple items can be quoted together easier. If you like a particular sentence, QFT it.

Who cares who gets the thumbs... Seriously, does anybody actually count their thumbs here??? But it's a way to show specific appreciation. You could give a GG tip to a specific line or picture, and the poster (assuming they're not a jerk) could forward that to the person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Who cares who gets the thumbs...

You know this was started in Chit Chat right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Who cares who gets the thumbs...

Not saying I care. Saying that it's duplication of effort.

Quote:
But it's a way to show specific appreciation. You could give a GG tip to a specific line or picture, and the poster (assuming they're not a jerk) could forward that to the person.

If you want to show appreciation for a specific line, do what everyone else has done so far: quote it and re-post it on it's own. But asking someone to do 11 posts for a single chain - posts which might get interrupted by other people commenting before the posting's done, for whatever reason, disrupting the run of the thread?

Now, turning it into a Geeklist might be closer to what you're wanting, with better control of the thread for the chain-poster. But still.... Perhaps you'd like to join a game, and see if it's feasible to ask it...? They're looking for replacements in a couple of chains still...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You will not truly understand EPYC until you accept this one truth: There are no pictures or sentences in EPYC, only threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.