Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My usual Sunday group was down a man but we still had three players. After an ugly game of Small World, we broke out Galaxy Trucker for the first time. My cousin recommended it to me while visiting at Thanksgiving and I picked it up about a month ago.

I had the advantage of having read through the rules in advance. We played the learn-the-game Round 1 and I had a slight lead. We all agreed to start over with Round 1 and play a full game. I know I started second and earned the second-most credits, with the score something like 14-10-8 after one round. In Round 2, I wisely previewed the cards and noted both an Epidemic and a Stardust. I carefully built my ship without connected cabins and with just one exposed connector. It paid off as I took a big lead.

I was sure that would lead my opponents to preview the Round 3 cards but neither did. They both outraced me to build their ships as it seemed parts may be at a premium. However I noted another Epidemic card and several planets. So I again avoided the connected cabins and loaded up on cargo storage units. I also saw an Abandoned Station and two Abandoned Ships so I went with 14 crew members and no aliens.

I started out third and was expecting to finish third as I had a ton of exposed connectors (12 I believe!) I had not seen a Stardust card and as it turned out, there was none. There ended up being two Epidemic cards however, which wiped out Turbo. He had to give up, which was costly as he had 40 in cargo that he only got 20 for. Unfortunately the Abandoned Station was after the Abandoned Ships that I claimed, so I didn't get that. But I did fill up my holds with quite a bit of cargo. I finished second thanks to Turbo's failure to finish, but couldn't catch Dust.

Thanks mostly to those abandoned ships, I finished with 100 cosmic credits. Dust had 82, and Devin had 63. We all enjoyed the game quite a bit, although there was less ship damage than I expected. This will probably get another play or two this Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Evangelista
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing Pirates Cove with my wife and dad this past weekend they both said they loved this game and I decided to look for another fun family game to purchase and I have decided on Galaxy Trucker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.