Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The "Replacements" card can raise morale above full health? I assume it could but the name of the card gives me a smidgeon of doubt. So, my Paratroopers would have 8 morale after playing this card?

2. In step 13: Determine Card elimination, it states if the target unit card's morale is zero or less...remove it. What if the firing unit was reduced to zero or less by cards like "Deadly Fire" or the like?

I assume it would be removed too? What if both cards were eliminated at the same time?
or

Does the firing unit get eliminated immediately before the elimination step?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Since there are a mutliple mentions in the rules of morale modifiers being positive, I think it's assumed that units can have a higher than normal morale level. Why would the increase caused by that card be treated any differently?

2) As you pointed out, it doesn't say. I would speculate that a morale of zero at this point would eliminate either unit, but certainly not before this step, regardless of how much damage it takes in previous steps. Hopefully, the designer will chime in, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Luis Lorenzo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- The replacement card can raise morale until 9 (is the maximun morale valour). So yes, Paratroopers can have 8 morale after playing Replacements.

2- Yes, if the firing unit was reduced to zero by an action card, it's removed inmediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seve Lorenzo wrote:
1- The replacement card can raise morale until 9 (is the maximun morale valour). So yes, Paratroopers can have 8 morale after playing Replacements.

2- Yes, if the firing unit was reduced to zero by an action card, it's removed inmediately.

Can you tell us where in the rules it states that the firing unit is removed immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Luis Lorenzo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't got the rules with me now but I've played a lot the Xbox 360 version of the game and on it when the firing unit is reduced to zero by a defender´s combat action card, it's removed automatically by the game which it's logical and it happens a lot. Sorry for my poor english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Guys,

Any unit regardless of being the target or firing unit or even when taking a minefield hit is eliminated as soon as its morale goes to zero.

Read on page 22 in the Glossary under Morale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuck, it's good that the rule is there, somewhere, but the Glossary should not be the sole location for any rule in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckroegel wrote:
Hi Guys,

Any unit regardless of being the target or firing unit or even when taking a minefield hit is eliminated as soon as its morale goes to zero.

Read on page 22 in the Glossary under Morale.

Wow, Deadly Fire is a powerful card now isn't it! I mean I was getting crushed by 2 to 1 with attack value and then played Deadly Fire and ended the combat. Devestating...

thanks for the answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You are correct, Darren. Step 13 states that the target unit is eliminated if its morales reaches 0, but we should state in Step 9 that either the target or the firing unit will be eliminated immediately if action cards brings either to zero. We will correct that in the next version of the rulebook and also any expansion. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I tried to write the rules to be as concise and short as possible without redundant sections, but that is clearly a challange. The glossary at the back really does contain some important rules.

Chuck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The glossary contains rules. OMG I have agood memory so I dont need a glossary and most of the terms are common to other games. Perhaps you should rename it:- Summary of important rules and concepts.

I agree with the previous posts rules should be in the rules not only in the glossary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.