Hide
4 Posts

Warmaster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Daemon Prince - where to find the rules for him? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anto Mano
msg tools
What's the deal with the Daemon Prince? He appears in the online Armies book in the picture along with other Chaos units, but no rules for him there. Nor in the official Warmaster rulebook. So what are his stats and special rules? Will appreciate any help with this.

EDIT: The Daemon Prince I'm asking about is NOT the one currently listed on GW's website under the Daemon Army.

The blister that I have says "Daemon Prince", without any indication of the army he belongs to; he looks exactly like the guy in the picture in the Chaos army in the army book; and he looks nothing like the other Daemon Prince listed on Games Workshop's website as a Khorne Character of the Daemon army. So, apparently, there used to be a different miniature for Daemon Prince (because now it's not on sale) and apparently he used to be associated with Chaos (as far as army lists go). So, my guess is, there must be stats for him somewhere, perhaps in one of the Annuals that I don't have.

In case the stats can't be found, and given how nice and big the mini is, for friendly games, what do you think of using this guy with Chaos with the stats of a Greater Daemon from Daemons? Do you anticipate this to do any horrible damage balance-wise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oleg, I'd tell you but then I'd have to... cool

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Haggard
United States
New Whiteland
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
His blister is listed as a Daemon character and under characters in the army book they mention characters as Lords and Overlords. So based off of that, I would use the Overlord/ Lord stats. I may be completely wrong, but that is my interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anto Mano
msg tools
papersith wrote:
His blister is listed as a Daemon character and under characters in the army book they mention characters as Lords and Overlords. So based off of that, I would use the Overlord/ Lord stats. I may be completely wrong, but that is my interpretation.

I agree, this makes sense. But there is one thing that is really confusing: the blister that I have says "Daemon Prince", without any indication of the army he belongs to; he looks exactly like the guy in the picture in the Chaos army in the army book; and he looks nothing like the other Daemon Prince listed on Games Workshop's website as a Khorne Character of the Daemon army. So, apparently, there used to be a different miniature for Daemon Prince (because now it's not on sale) and apparently he used to be associated with Chaos (as far as army lists go). So, my guess is, there must be stats for him somewhere, perhaps in one of the Annuals that I don't have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.