Subject: HQ OOS example rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I followed this example of play: http://www.wargamereplays.com/eots/examples/turn2example.htm...

It is the 1942 setup
First Japan Offensive.
After Japan units has moved there is a comment - SW HQ is OOS.
I can see in the map it can still trace supply from Manila to 2913 (ZOI neutralized by FE AF in Manila) then to 3013 (again ZOI neutralized by FE AF in Manila) then to 3113 and to open sea to the south or east edge of map.

Did I miss something about tracing supply or that example of play is wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2913 has an enemy unit in it. Did you mean 2912? no port in that hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enemy unit would block supply line if traced across land hexside (13.1 last dot).

SW HQ could trace supply to 2913 across sea hexside. Couldn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A ship would not be able to sail directly from 2813 to 2913 to 3013 without going through land.

Edit: you can if you look at the original map, without the counter in the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why it wouldn't?
There is a strait between Luzon and Samar islands (hexes 2913 and 3013) and a yellow resource hexside between hexes 2813 and 2913 which I assume is an all sea hexside because there is no land between those two hexes.
Also there is no unplayable ocean between those hexes. At least in Vassal module map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That example is under the "mothballed articles" area of Jay's website. I agree that 2913-3013-3113 appears to be a valid path. While I have not played with the first edition of the rules, I know that a CV in a hex blocked tracing through the hex -- this is not the case under version 2 of the rules. In this specific example, the reason given (see the key to the letters that explain why the supply path is blocked -"Z E L I") is that there is "enemy unit in hex." Even though this unit is not an air unit or CV, I suspect that any unit in the hex blocked supply in version 1 of the rules.
Under version 2.0 of the rules, supply would not be blocked in the example cited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. My mistake - I didn't read the comment to out of date section of articles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.