Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mixing Full Coop and Solo Play Rules....Possible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Y
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be possible to use the solo play rules with more than one player. So every player would select a main character and one support character. The rules for using a support character's ability and the rule for taking one skill card would be the same.Only difference would be the process for determining if they end up being a cylon.

I was thinking something like just shuffling the loyalty deck and at the start of the the players turn before they draw skill cards on a roll of 4 or under a loyalty card is flipped over. If its a cylon card follow the text on the card. The support character is flipped over and is no longer in play. If its a non cylon card continue the turn as normal. If its a cylon card and 1 or 2 was rolled on the dice. The crisis card would be drawn from the super crisis deck instead. The player would have the option to flip over the support character before they draw any cards or use their ability. In this case, they support character is no longer used and a loyalty card would not have to be drawn.

What do you guys think, some other rules and cards would have to be tweaked, but in terms of concept would it work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting Idea... I think the main purpose of the co-op is to teach new players. However you would want to play test this idea and tweak it. It sounds reasonable, you would want to still reduce resouces as if it was a full co-op I think... Your idea however is not my cup of tea. But if you like it more power to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.