Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: Where to Purchase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brittany Michelle
United States
Central CA
flag msg tools
I'm looking to buy the Big Box for my husband's birthday early next month, but I can't find anywhere that carries it for a reasonable price. Are they about to come out with a new one or something? Should I just get the basic game, plus Inns & Cathedrals, and Traders? TIA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy it online. Amazon has it with free shipping at a decent price fairly often. I am not a big fan of Amazon, but... In the end you will get more for your money that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brittany Michelle
United States
Central CA
flag msg tools
But should I buy the whole box? The only one Amazon has is $110 and that seems steep... should I just get the game and a couple of extensions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Stein
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BM678 wrote:
But should I buy the whole box? The only one Amazon has is $110 and that seems steep... should I just get the game and a couple of extensions?

It looks like they are in between printings, but everywhere I checked online says that they should be in stock shortly. CoolStuffInc has it listed for $49, which is a pretty good deal if you don't mind waiting. However, Base + I&C + T&B is probably all you would need, unless you are really into expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brittany Michelle
United States
Central CA
flag msg tools
Hmm... yeah, $49 is pretty good, and I think eventually we'd use the expansions, but it'd be a while, I think I'll just go ahead and get the base with I&C & T&B. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always look at the Marketplace here on BGG as well.

There's currently a gently used 2006 Big Box for sale:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&...

I personally prefer this edition over the 2008/9 edition as I love using the Tower to hold the tiles for games we are playing (even if we are not using the Tower expansion tiles). Plus the fact that the Tower has it's own place inside the big box meant I could store newly purchased expansions right in the Tower and have all my tiles in one nicely organized box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really surprised at Amazon! That's twice as much as a friend bought it for a while back. I haven't used them; ThoughtHammer is my preferred OLGS. At Christmas, I hit the free shipping mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.