flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Referring to this rule here:

2.5c Direct Draw. Japanese units with
Leg MAs showing that draw directly use
Leg MPs rather than Truck MPs. (Note that
the Allied player’s Chindits and Galahad
use Truck MPs for direct draw.)

It's not clear because the Chindits and Galahad are specifically mentioned as not having this rule applied to them when you'd think that INA would also be mentioned. However on the flip side the previous 2 rule paragraphs specifically include INA when mentioning Japanese units...
so which is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Essig
msg tools
designer
No, the INA can't take advantage of that rule. The designer was trying to make them particularly useless, so I can't imagine any intent that would give them freedoms like that.

The Allied units are specifically mentioned there (in a rule applying to the Japanese) because I had players get confused thinking that a similar ability applied to those commando-type units (admittedly at first glance you'd think it would... but again that allowed them to go too far afield from their air strip-clearings). So they are there in a possible case of overkill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dean

Patrick the key difference I see in the rules (it caught me as well I might add), is that between Japanese Troops (which seems to include INA) and Japanese Units, which refers only to those units of Japanese nationality. Hence I think 2.5c doesn't apply, but 2.5a and 2.5b do. If that makes any sense.

edit: It seems as well that the phrase The Japanese and Japanese Troops are somewhat interchangeable, although have slightly different use cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.