Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G'Day Phil,

I am really looking forward to getting this game. Your website mentions an expansion - I was wondering what this included?

Also - will High Frontier follow Orgins in having a mounted board and other similar components, or will it have similiar production values to American Megafauna? Not that I mind - I have all these games regardless! And High Frontier has a theme that I really love - (as did AM and Origins mind you!)

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In answer to my own question (I asked as my work blocked access to the SM site):

From the Sierra Madre website:

Quote:
Expansion to the space exploration game HIGH FRONTIER, adds a fifth player (the UN), and adds an extension to the map that includes Jupiter, Saturn, main belt comets, centaurs, and Trojan asteroids. The expanded rules include slingshots, radiation belts, piracy, combat, solar flares, and space politics and governments. There are also 48 new patent cards, representing reactors, generators, and radiators. The expanded scenarios include alien invasions, the solitaire game, and two short games.

This expansion will be released in October of 2010.

I am still interested to know what sort of pieces will be present in the game... it looks really interesting!

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The design is now about set. The components will be plastic: rocketships, cylinders to show tanks of water, disks to indicate ship acceleration and mining claims, cubes with spherical dome to indicate extraterrestrial factories. The two delta-v maps will be mounted. The basic map includes the planets out to Ceres, and the expanded map out to Saturn and Halley's comet. The cards represent rocket part blueprints. Each will have a scientific description in the rules as well. I hope this answers your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnificently - thank you!

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
phileklund wrote:
The design is now about set. The components will be plastic: rocketships, cylinders to show tanks of water, disks to indicate ship acceleration and mining claims, cubes with spherical dome to indicate extraterrestrial factories. The two delta-v maps will be mounted. The basic map includes the planets out to Ceres, and the expanded map out to Saturn and Halley's comet. The cards represent rocket part blueprints. Each will have a scientific description in the rules as well. I hope this answers your question.

Awesome, Phil- can't wait to see it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed the contract today with Panda Games for the publication. Both High Frontier and the expansion should be available by September of this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Skierczynski
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YES

Where can I preorder one. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
I signed the contract today with Panda Games for the publication. Both High Frontier and the expansion should be available by September of this year.

This is excellent news - thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Panda Game Manufacturing do some great high quality stuff.

Can't wait!

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Where can I preorder one.

Hello Pawel, I hope to have High Frontier preorders at my site www.sierramadregames.com in July, I will likely offer a big idsocunt to those who order the game and its expansion together. I am still haggling out fullfillment details for the game, so the final price can be set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Skierczynski
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
preorders...in July

Quote:
big discount

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lang
Canada
Wellesley
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pant...pant....drool...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
High Frontier and expansion: I am still on target for an October release, but pre-orders are delayed until next month (August 2010).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in on the preorder. Very excited about this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.