Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd H. Beckman
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone playing A Ring of Hills? It looks very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Todd - we're finding it most excellent so far (looks great, too). Just having trouble with The Devil Came Down to Georgia scenario as the British are very hard-pressed.

Very captivating game (a 9 out of 10 so far)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Panikowski
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd,

Next up is An Unexpected Drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Farrell
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a really awesome game. The map and counter artwork is fantasic. The scenarios are pretty cool looking also. We decided to play Top Malo House first. It's a small quick scenario. There is an interesting rule that the house can burn. The first time we played it the house burned almost completely but Lt. Mendez and his men remained unscathed. On the second try the house never did catch on fire but Lt. Mendez lost one half squad to sniper fire and another to a wounded hero. He and his last half squad survived a melee round by one point on the last roll of the game to earn another draw. What fun that was.

Tonight I am setting up Suprise Party. The Argees are dug in pretty well. It looks like it could be a rough time for the Brits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd H. Beckman
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent,

I have played three scenarios. In Unexpected Drop the air cover killed the British. Yet the Argees could not take the houses. The British won, but they lost some tanks and men. I have stopped playing and will start up again when I am finished play testing a game. Surprise Party will be next. I will have to watch for the Argees being dug in. The art work and flow of the scenarios are very good. Excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.