Carcassonne: Die Kornkreise» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a quick summary of the rules. They are available (in German) from Hans im Glück here. Also, check out the expansions page here.

Basically, there are six new tiles depicting crop circles. There are 2 tiles with clubs on them, 2 with rakes, and 2 with shields. They represent the three primary features of Carcassone. When a crop circle tile is drawn, the player first claims a feature on that tile, if they so choose. Then, that player may choose to either place a second follower on a feature or remove a follower from a feature. The feature must match the one depicted on the circle (club=thief, rake=farmer, shield=knight). Generally, this is done to the benefit of the player who drew the tile. The player to their right then has to do the same thing as the drawing player, regardless of if it is to their benefit. This continues until all players have chosen a follower to double-up or remove. I am fairly certain that every player is required to do these actions if possible (they obviously cannot place another follower if they have no more, nor can they remove one from a feature type upon which they have no followers). Play then resumes as usual.

That seems to be it. Pretty basic but still, somewhat harsh...especially for the farmers. I hope that Jay makes this expansion available to the public quickly, as the people in Germany will have to wait a while...if it ever is released publicly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom alphin
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing which isn't clear to me is if normal placement rules apply, or if you can place a follower on a feature that already has one or more followers.

simple, but seemingly interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
The images in the rules seem to suggest (although I don't believe they actually state anywhere) that you can only place followers on features you already have a follower on. But I believe you are allowed to place a second follower on a feature shared with another player. In fact, I think that is the point. Your initial placement (with no special rules) must follow the normal rules, but your second placement breaks them anyway, so I see no reason why you couldn't place a follower on a tile that is shared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Saunamäki
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mb
This page sure came up fast compared to the Carcassonne BBB. Thanks for the rules summary. It doesnt seem to matter what type of a follower you place or remove, like taking advantage of your competitors not having their mayor in stock and adding that to the city everyone is trying to claim? Interestingly this expansion is further down the road of breaking the normal rules of Carcassonne in a special occassion. First the bridges allowing inappropriate tile placement and now this allowing inappropriate follower placement.

I suppose you can also remove the follower you placed on the Kornkreise tile just that turn. Placing it in the middle of nowhere with a farmer, removing the farmer you just placed and thus forcing your opponents to remove theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
I hope that Jay makes this expansion available to the public quickly, as the people in Germany will have to wait a while...if it ever is released publicly.

Why is it not released to the public?
(How is it released then?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is being released with the base game in Germany. Apparently, HiG will only release a stand-alone version if they have copies left after the next shipment of base games. Not entirely sure what that means, but it sounds pretty lame regardless. I hope Jay at Rio Grande has a better idea for the United States than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Derek but i have to correct you a little:
The active player places the tile and makes a normal turn.
Then he decides what action the whole player-group has to do namely remove a meeple or double-up a meeple. The player to the left starts with the procedure, the active player is the last to do so! Then normal play resumes.

Ok its more of a timing issue, but it gives the active player much more might. He can observe who doubles-up were and can answer if one of his features is attacked!
Have fun
Flashhawk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
It is being released with the base game in Germany. Apparently, HiG will only release a stand-alone version if they have copies left after the next shipment of base games. Not entirely sure what that means, but it sounds pretty lame regardless. I hope Jay at Rio Grande has a better idea for the United States than that.

And HIG will only release the new Dominion promo card with the base game as well, they are sure making some strange business decisions lately shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:

Who knows? It was Jay who inititated the idea of adding small expansions into base games when he included the River...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Saunamäki
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mb
I can already see it coming ..

[/q]

edit:

Hm, seems someone posted a topic about this 10 minutes after this post. People seem to be getting the same ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
HiG will only release a stand-alone version if they have copies left after the next shipment of base games.

That's not what they wrote on the site.

The site says: 'Wenn alle Ausgaben verkauft sind, werden die Kornkreise über uns zu beziehen sein.Wir informieren dann hier wenn es soweit ist.'

Translated in English it means something like this: When all copies have been sold out, the Crop Circles will be available through us. As soon as they are sold out, we will inform you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Saunamäki
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mb
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Looks like the base game + Kornkreise is up for sale already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have placed my order here: http://www.botoys.de/spielwaren/index.php?pn=ES+Carcassonne+...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What in the world! I don't like to be a heckler, especially of a game that I love, but we've got 50 6-tile expansions better than this one at Carc Central. I'm a little disapointed. I'll probably buy it all the same...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Saunamäki
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mb

The text at the expansion page has changed. If I understand it at all, it seems that you can get the kornkreise tiles by posting them three euros. And just after I gave up and bought them with the base game, bleh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrari
Italy
Bagnolo Cremasco
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it exist the English pdf version of HiG rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, no English translation is available yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saša
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what if a player has only the double meeple on the field when the time comes for removing? is he immune or does he have to go? or is he then exchanged for a normal one? we are currently doing the exchange thing but some of us think it should be immune.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pendragon666 wrote:
what if a player has only the double meeple on the field when the time comes for removing? is he immune or does he have to go? or is he then exchanged for a normal one? we are currently doing the exchange thing but some of us think it should be immune.

The big meeple only counts as 2 meeples when determining ownership of a feature, in all other respects is treated as a normal meeple.
So he gets removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saša
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
really? i guess it makes sence. what about the builder? what if only the builder is left in a city and the player ads a new tile to it and puts a new meeple. does he/she get another tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Special' meeples like the builder and the pig can't be alone in a feature, if the last of your followers (normal meeples plus the big meeple plus the major, plus the cart) somehow abandons the feature the builder or pig abandon it also and return to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saša
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do you have a reference link or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Princess and Dragon rules:

If the last thief, knight or farmer of a player is removed from a road, city or farm, then any builder or pig belonging to the player is also removed from the feature in question.

From the Tower rules:

Should the last thief, knight or farmer of a player be removed from a road, city or farm which includes the player’s builder or pig, then the builder or pig is also removed and returned to the player.

From Traders and Builders rules:

If the last farmer on the farm with the pig is removed from play, then the pig is also returned to the player. Otherwise the pig remains on the farm to which it was deployed until the end of the game.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/22896/annotatedrules-p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saša
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping an old thread and hoping someone is watching!

Question: How do the rules work if the "double meeple" is in play?

Does it count as "a follower" in regards to these rules. If the active player chooses to "remove" and a player has no followers but a double meeple on a feature, will they be required to move it?

Also, the opposite; when placing a follower, can they place their double meeple when "doubling-up?"

This wasn't made clear in the rules you've already described. However, I'm leaning towards: yes. Double meeples are also affected by these rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.