26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Tanga - looking for feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davis Talhone
msg tools
After weeks of those tantalizing little adds to the left of the screen, I caved and ordered a few games from Tanga recently.

It's been about a week & a half now and no games, no shipping confirmation, nothing. Is this normal procedure for them? I did of course get an order confirmation shortly after placing the order but that's it.

Just wondering how other user experience with the store has been. The prices certainly seem fantastic and they keep putting up games I'm interested in (Midgard is there right now for $11.99) but before I go and order a third, maybe I should wait until the first 2 arrive?

Any thoughts from fellow-customers?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Greene
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered quite a few things from Tanga and have been happy with everything from them. Shipping can be slow on some items and quicker on others (got Space Junkyard in a couple days). But be patient, I think I got all my orders within about 2.5 weeks. So it can be slow but they get there and in good shape. I'd say order with confidence, but with the understanding you might be waiting a little longer than from standard online vendors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Neff
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll get it... it's just usually slow. If I get my order from Tanga in less than two weeks then I'm pleased, but sometimes it takes longer. What did you order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
myths wrote:
After weeks of those tantalizing little adds to the left of the screen, I caved and ordered a few games from Tanga recently.

It's been about a week & a half now and no games, no shipping confirmation, nothing. Is this normal procedure for them? I did of course get an order confirmation shortly after placing the order but that's it.

Just wondering how other user experience with the store has been. The prices certainly seem fantastic and they keep putting up games I'm interested in (Midgard is there right now for $11.99) but before I go and order a third, maybe I should wait until the first 2 arrive?

Any thoughts from fellow-customers?
Thanks!

Tanga shipping is slow...sometimes 2+ weeks...sometimes you don't get shipping confirmation until the day the game arrives. I think this is primarily because Tanga doesn't do the shipping themselves.

They do have great deals most of the time.

By the way, if/when you become a STU (Super Tanga User) you get better deals...for instance, STUs get Midgard for $9.99 right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, add your name here:

Want to find someone near you to split Tanga shipping?

and you might find someone to split the shipping cost with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Talhone
msg tools
tuneloon wrote:
What did you order?

So far I ordered Neuland (Z-Man Games) and Alexander the Great but I have to confess that this place has been calling me daily!

Thanks for the info, guys. I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered a lot from them. More so their first year, but the prices IMP haven't been as good AND the shipping has gotten down right slow. But, I still order from them when it still makes sense.

I just don't even think about the games when I order them. Sometimes I even forget I ordered them by the time they show up.

But, they will get to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde Nagakura
United States
Los Gatos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
myths wrote:
tuneloon wrote:
What did you order?

So far I ordered Neuland (Z-Man Games)...

I'm also waiting for my Neuland order, but it has not been long enough to worry about it. Tanga orders can take a couple weeks to arrive (although some come in a few days).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea shipping can vary widely. Sometimes the things they sell are shipped from somewhere else. Depending on the number of orders they get can delay things.

I've made at least 10 orders this year. Got everything I ordered as described. Sometimes it only took a week. Other times it took almost a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Talhone
msg tools
Astinex wrote:
Other times it took almost a month.

Wow! I'm assuming from everyone's response so far that they must do a lot of drop shipping (where the distributor actually ships it to the customer direct with a Tanga return label). A shame, really, because if they sped up the shipping aspect, they could be the most reasonable game storefront I've yet to encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
I also ordered Neuland, but yes, their shipping can be really hit or miss. I've ordered other games and gotten them in a week, and then one time I ordered a laser pointer to play with my cat with and it took nearly a month. You can never really tell, since Tanga doesn't do the shipping personally.

Best advice was already mentioned. Buy when it's a great deal and then forget about it. It's like a surprise present when it does finally arrive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Im a STU (that's Super Tanga User) and I can tell you that the best way to buy from em is to develop the "buy and forget" mindset. You buy, you forget about it, and several weeks (3-6) later there is a surprise at your door.

They have never failed to deliver and some of those deals are just brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
lightnng wrote:
Im a STU (that's Super Tanga User) and I can tell you that the best way to buy from em is to develop the "buy and forget" mindset. You buy, you forget about it, and several weeks (3-6) later there is a surprise at your door.

The flaw in that plan is if you forget about it too effectively, you buy another copy of the game from someone else, get it in a few days, play it, then the Tanga surprise becomes an unpleasant one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wagner Rodrigues
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered many items from Tanga. Even though shipping may be a bit slow, they are a very good seller and every time I needed to contact them they provided an excellent customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John VanDenBerg
United States
Farmington
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
lightnng wrote:

The flaw in that plan is if you forget about it too effectively, you buy another copy of the game from someone else, get it in a few days, play it, then the Tanga surprise becomes an unpleasant one.

I just mark the game as "preordered" on my wishlist here on the Geek. That way I, and anyone else interested in buying me a game, don't duplicate.

OP: As the other responders wrote, Tanga is a great place to buy games as long as you don't need or want it fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
myths wrote:
Astinex wrote:
Other times it took almost a month.

Wow! I'm assuming from everyone's response so far that they must do a lot of drop shipping (where the distributor actually ships it to the customer direct with a Tanga return label). A shame, really, because if they sped up the shipping aspect, they could be the most reasonable game storefront I've yet to encounter.

You like to have your cake and eat it too, huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
1.Good
2.Fast
3.Cheap

Pick two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lowell Kempf
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
I've ordered a lot from them. More so their first year, but the prices IMP haven't been as good AND the shipping has gotten down right slow. But, I still order from them when it still makes sense.

I just don't even think about the games when I order them. Sometimes I even forget I ordered them by the time they show up.

But, they will get to you.

Honestly, what he said. And I have found their customer service to be pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finke
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MK-Ultra71 wrote:
1.Good
2.Fast
3.Cheap

Pick two.

This applies to nearly everything in life...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And for what it's worth, TangaMonkey himself has told me that:

Quote:
we are working on speeding up shipping on our items as much as possible. It's a constant battle with some of our suppliers but we do our best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy young
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
And as always, you are free to Tangagram me @tangamonkey if you have a concern that isn't getting resolved through our normal channels. We have a great customer service staff now that seems to be on top of things and we are implementing a brand new system that should be launched this month that should eliminate any dropped issues completely.

Thanks!
Jeremy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To rehash what everyone else is saying shipping from Tanga isn't just slow it is abysmal. Do not order something from them and expect it to arrive in the near future. most games don't even ship for 2+ weeks then there is travel time. But you do save money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
finke67 wrote:
MK-Ultra71 wrote:
1.Good
2.Fast
3.Cheap

Pick two.

Including spouses? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MK-Ultra71 wrote:
1.Good
2.Fast
3.Cheap

Pick two.

With Tanga I'm getting 1 and 3. Which is fine since I don't need the item I'm ordering...just want to add it to the collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jensen
United States
Fredericksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
finke67 wrote:
MK-Ultra71 wrote:
1.Good
2.Fast
3.Cheap

Pick two.

Including spouses? surprise
Heh, with my last girlfriend I got 2 & 3.

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.