Subject: Questions about Play Order in Overlord rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Old Scratch
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I've played it a few times but I've been wondering if I've been doing it wrong.

How exactly is a turn played out?

The Commander issues 1 to 3 orders, but this is when the questions begin:

What is the play order? Which of the generals goes first? Who determines the order? Our cards resolved one at a time or are all movements conducted first and then combats all resolved?

Let's say the commander issues one order to each of the three field generals. Do they all reveal their cards at the same time? Which one then goes? Do they all reveal their cards simulataneously, then each does movement, and then after all movements in all sections have been carried out are all combats resolved? Or is the turn order order that a field general plays one card, resolves movement and then combat and moves on to the next card? If the latter, who decides who goes first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's specified. When I've played, the commander hands out the cards, then all the field generals execute their cards at the same time. Usually, the combat areas are very far apart and thus independent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just like the normal game, all orders are given, then all movement, then all battles.

But the order of which section is never really clear in the rules. In F2F, I let the FGs decide among themselves. When I play online, I make the CinC give the sequence to keep the game moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.