Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb

Just stumbled onto this game tonight. Bought it 5 minutes later. The components are beautiful! I can't wait to get this printed out and get it to the table. (bad week for sleep as I picked up Duel of Ages ans Cosmic Encounter this week as well ) If this game plays even a quarter as well as it looks it will be a home run for sure. I can't be the only guy to buy this. Come on, a game this sweet looking for $13.00? I browsed several of the component files and it looks simple and interesting. I love basic monsters in games like this. Kobolds, Skeletons, Lizard men, Ogres (no Steve Jackson games, not that OGRE, calm yourself. whistle ) and even a Mimic thrown in. Encounter cards seem interesting as well. All that and only a 15 page instruction set. Did I mention the art is gorgeous? Well it is. This so far reminds me of the classic D&D module Keep on the Borderlands. Who doesn't remember that one with fond memories? Well, I mean if you ever played it that is. I love this site. Just browsing around and come across a gem like this that I have somehow overlooked.

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hall
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this does sound like a fun game! I just wish I had time to print out all the cards and get them cut out and sleeved. I already have plenty of dungeon tiles from WotC so I'm not printing their tiles.

Let us know your thoughts on the game if you get to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I took the disc with the game files on it to a local printer to get my copy printed up. I wanted the gorgeous art to look, well, gorgeous. whistle I got a call from them today. It was printed on 80# Linen by a color laser printer. It was $106.00 CA. surprise Needless to say it does in fact look amazing. You can dang sure bet that this one is getting assembled and hitting the table soon!

More news when I get it all put together.

Kraken Fan #69

EDIT: Dang and dang. I just spent 7 hours cutting out bits of this game. I have realized (in somewhat less than 7 hours ) that I didn't get enough card backs printed. Looks like I'm going to be in for more printing costs before it's all over. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are the pictures? I only see one in the images section. Can someone post up pics so we can see what we're missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have about 10 hours in cutting cards and chits. There are a ton of gold and silver coins for this game that, while not absolutely necessary, make it much better. ( I think it will, as that's what I was told as I haven't actually played yet! ) The coins are made to fold over and be double sided so it will not matter which way is up and it serves to make them thicker and thereby easier to handle and pick up. Long story short, I'm working on getting it all together and I will post some pics it's just a lot to do. I still have to make some more card backs. I mistakenly cut all the cards apart before backing them and it made a LOT more work for me. Worse case, in a couple of days I will get some pics of a few of each of the cards and post them. I'm still really excited to play. The stack of monster cards is huge!

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knights Crimson
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hey all,

Just to clear up some confusion, I wanted to let you know the 1st Edition of the "Dungeon Dwellers Fantasy Boardgame" did, indeed, exist. I (John Walborn) was the author of that work and the proprieter of Dungeon Dwellers Guild Games under which it was e-published on RPGNow. The cover with the green orcish guy was the cover to my original version of the game.

When I closed the doors of DDG Games in 2008, I sold the rights to this game to Empty Room Studios. They are responsible for the redesign and re-release of the concept.

The 2nd Edition game is ENTIRELY different from mine. My version of the game was halfway between a role-playing game and a boardgame, much deeper and more involved than Empty Room version you guys are talking about now. They upgraded the art a great deal from the black and white fare I offered and simplified the rules to something more befitting the pure "board game" niche.

I know I'm a little late to the conversation, just wanted to put the facts of the matter on paper for posterity if nothing else...

Thanks for listening,

John Walborn
Knights Crimson Publishing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.