MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I have pointed out in the previous thread

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/475347/when-the-rule-wil...

Unlike the boardgame version, in K.O. stage all the teams can be have 4 cards played on (except Foul/Offside/Defence to remove Goals/Attacks). I feel that it loses a strong favor offered by the original boardgame version as all teams now have same chance of scoring.

I suggest a variant in K.O. stage only in here that:

1. If a team has NO goal restriction (i.e. no cross, and which can be played with 3-Goal and 2-Goal cards fully), it can have max 4 cards played (no rule change, as same as original rule)

2. If a team has 3-goal card restriction (i.e. a cross on 3-goal symbol), it can have max 3 cards played

3. If a team has both 3-goal and 2-goal card restriction (i.e. a cross on 3-goal symbol and one on 2-goal symbol), it can have max 2 cards played

Don't really know how this impacts the gameplay, but it may bring the cardgame closer to the boardgame version and more important, to reflect the real strength of different teams.

Any comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Milnes
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it will work as you intend.
In the boardgame, the teams with only 2 spaces can still play the 3 or 2 goal cards/tiles. In the card game, those teams are restricted to 1-goal cards (or equivalent) and further restricted to only having 2 spaces using your varient.

Perhaps allow all goal cards to be used as written with the space restriction?

Perhaps use the space restriction in the group stages as well (again, I think allowing all goal cards to be used as written)?

Very interesting game!

regards

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point and suggestion.

I do not own the boardgame version but only read its rule, and I did not notice that it did not have 3/2 goal tile restriction.

Ok, now we come up with 2 ways to play:

1. original goal restriction
2. space restriction

Enjoy it!

=============
P.S. Personally I prefer to keep the group stage as in the original mechanism, as I think the players have enough control to keep/give up which team(s) based on the limited hand cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Paschoalin
Brazil
Santo André
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be too late for this party, but I'd like to enter anyway. ;-)

First, I'd like to point that the board game restricts the play of 3-goal and 2-goal cards the same way the card game does.

Having said that, I'd like to know if you have tried this variant of yours, restricting the amount of cards played on the weaker teams? Did it work? Was it a good game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.