Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do rail roads act like normal roads in that units can use them to pass through mountains and the like for cheap (aka only paying 1 MP)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Essig
msg tools
designer
Yes, they do. Using their own MP cost as you noted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Shirley
New Zealand
North Shore City
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dean,

Are you maybe referring to the norm for OCS titles? I'm only asking this because on the Burma terrain chart there is nothing to indicate that a railroad diminishes MP (whereas all other titles of OCS I know of specifically show railroads in the terrain chart along with the MP cost). Also (as far as I can tell) there's nothing in the Burma II rules or in the errata that says that railroads have this effect. We'd always played that railroads could not be used in this way in Burma. The point of course is particularly important for Burma with its extremely restrictive terrain and where often the best you have is a track for which the MP cost is much worse (for truck and track). Also because railroads are not on the terrain chart there is nothing to indicate how they are affected by ground conditions. If what you say is accurate then that would make them almost as good as an all weather road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Essig
msg tools
designer
The Burma terrain chart says RRs cost 1.

RR's are lumped in with all other "roads and road-like features" in the series rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Shirley
New Zealand
North Shore City
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh it is there! I can see why I didn't see it though, it's the only line on the chart that does not have a graphic in the first column. I'm looking at the terrain chart on the Burma Vassal mod, I'm assuming this was some kind of scan, maybe it was a scan of Burma I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.