Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question to which I think I already know the answer....

Does the Mussolini sudden death rule apply to all the mini scenarios, such as Compass?

I am playing this at present and have failed on the sudden death rule and lost immediately. However the Operation Compass victory conditions say that they must destroy all Axis troops east if the Mussolini Line. How does this work?

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
tomster wrote:
A quick question to which I think I already know the answer....

Does the Mussolini sudden death rule apply to all the mini scenarios, such as Compass?

I am playing this at present and have failed on the sudden death rule and lost immediately. However the Operation Compass victory conditions say that they must destroy all Axis troops east if the Mussolini Line. How does this work?

Thanks for the help.

"Italian units destroyed east of the line continue to count, even if rebuilt." So even if they're all wiped out, it's not a sudden death as long as they died east of the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So does that mean that if units are killed east of the Mussolini Line they still count to the rule?

Makes the rule redundant doesn't it?

Where is the reference and thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why is it redundant? It means you must send Italians east to get killed. Without the rule you could just preserve all your units by garrisoning them around Tobruk.

It's right there in the rule headed "6.1 Mussolini Requirements"; Note the word "continue" is bold to help you not miss it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! Got it now.

Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.