Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
mb
Hi,

This isn't a very serious thing, but it is slightly annoying nevertheless

I've noticed that the BGG website allows us to insert however large a text we want in certain fields, but then simply uses the first n characters, chopping off the rest.

I'm sure I've seen this in more places, but the ones I can recall atm are image captions (example here) and microbadge name fields.

Any possibility of limiting the size of the fields on the UI, so that we aware of the size of what we can write in image captions and microbadge names?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Another example is a user's password - the change password screen claims a password cannot exceed 20 characters, but it accepts more. I'm not sure if it silently truncates the excess characters, or actually uses them all and so the stated limit is false.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Orlik-Grzesik
Poland
Studzionka
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
russ wrote:
Another example is a user's password - the change password screen claims a password cannot exceed 20 characters, but it accepts more. I'm not sure if it silently truncates the excess characters, or actually uses them all and so the stated limit is false.

If it's the first case, it's pretty important issue then. I had this on one site, after registering I simply couldn't login! So I've changed the password, and still I couldn't login... And then again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.