Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a four-player Brazil last night and it was refreshing.

In the base game, coal is king. Some of the previous expansion maps have tried to boost the desirability of resources other than coal, but none beat down the greatness of coal like Brazil. It was interesting to have my #25 plant be a potential liability in the end-game. Unexpectedly, it was oil which became depleted rather than coal, possibly due to everyone trying to get in on the high oil replenishment rate.

Despite the map's focus on "biogas", garbage plants were still "garbage" until fairly late into the game. However, some of the low-mid garbage plants were temporarily viable much later than usual, since garbage actually hit the $1 mark.

Hybrid plants seemed best in the early game, since players could buy coal while it was cheap, then switch to oil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Agius
United Kingdom
Brentford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the winner happen to purchase plant #26?

From my experience, this has been the winning plant every game so far on Brazil.

I agree, there isn't much focus on "biogas", it feels just the same as in the base game because the price starts so high, i think the starting garbage should be cheaper akin to Italy which made #6 a viable starting plant and would help balance out the high quantity of coal plants in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#26 was not in the game.

If I recall correctly, I won using #7, #25, #30.

Yes, the power plant market was very stagnant. We were a card or two away from hitting step 3 when I ended it. The final plant market had 3 as the highest capacity! I was wise enough to bid appropriately when the higher capacity plants came up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dr
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Did the winner happen to purchase plant #26?

I played the Brazil map for the first time last night and won. I didn't have #26 (it might have been out of our game). But I did have #40, a very similar and slightly better one, which I was luckily able to purchase for just 40. (As it was drawn in step 3 to replace the previously-bought plant, while I was the only player left in that auction round.)

(#26 is 2 oil--> 5 cities, #40 is 2 oil--> 6 cities)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.