United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/52815/atreides-treache...

In my experience (about 8 games) I've found that the Atreides recordkeeping (who owns which treachery card) can sometimes slow down the game, as well as add some 'work' to the Atreides player that isn't always much fun.

So, I came up with an idea to make it easier. Since we know what cards are in the deck, and since there aren't too many different kinds, there could be a checklist for each faction, and the Atreides could just check off a card when it's owned, and erase the check if the card is discarded.

I hope people find the file useful, and please let me know if any changes would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Atreides Trechery Bookkeeping Aid
Nice work!

A couple of additional thoughts -

1) I usually like to keep my card notes in "code" in case someone else gets a glance at my note sheet. Am I the only one crazy and paranoid enough to do this? (My code isn't terribly complex - I just have some little symbols that I use that other people probably wouldn't recognize.)

2) We used to always play that the discard pile was not open for inspectation, so I got in the habit of keeping track of what was in the discard pile too. (Recently, for the tournament, I ruled that the discard pile is open information.)

3) I have a friend who keeps his notes by card instead of by faction - essentially the opposite of what you note sheet shows. He keeps a list of each card noted with its current location (a player's hand, the discard pile, or the draw pile). I like this idea, but I've never done it this way....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Atreides Trechery Bookkeeping Aid
I don't keep notes in code, but I can understand doing so. This aid would certainly make it easier to cheat.

We've played with open discards.

I could make a by card sheet, although personally I'm not sure I'd prefer it. I'll give it a try next time, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea !

Would you have the source file (in .doc format for example), so I could translate & adapt this for the French edition ? (which features a couple of extra cards). If yes please GM me.

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do, will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brody
United States
San Francisco Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. A friend and I had been discussing putting together something similar a few days ago, and were thinking that we might want to be able to differentiate between the different weapons of a particular type, since the weapons in the base game have unique names. For example, during the last game we played I was initially dealt a stunner, bought a slip-tip in the first turn's bidding, and only played the slip-tip until I lost it to keep the stunner secret from everyone (including Atreides).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.