Jimmy Sorel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
CRANIUM SCRIBBLISH

(Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Recommended Age: 8 & up; Available: Fall 2010; Players: 4 to 6)

Scribble your way to win in CRANIUM’s hilarious new game SCRIBBLISH, which combines drawing with the “telephone” game. During the game, players have 45 seconds to draw their best sketch that represents the phrase on the game card. The first player starts by drawing what they read on a statement and passes it to the next player who has to write a statement describing the drawing. The next person turns those words into images. The scrolled-story continues to be passed around the room until all players have a chance to draw. Players read the story created out loud to find out how “this” became “that”! Earn additional points by trying to guess what the other player has drawn or by drawing the funniest picture.

I don't know what to say. Hasbro has managed to take a game consisting of simply pen and paper and add the Cranium name and a price tag.

Ridiculous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Hix
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite a price tag at that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Häs Brommer

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmb
Titaniumator wrote:
Quote:
CRANIUM SCRIBBLISH

(Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Recommended Age: 8 & up; Available: Fall 2010; Players: 4 to 6)

Scribble your way to win in CRANIUM’s hilarious new game SCRIBBLISH, which combines drawing with the “telephone” game. During the game, players have 45 seconds to draw their best sketch that represents the phrase on the game card. The first player starts by drawing what they read on a statement and passes it to the next player who has to write a statement describing the drawing. The next person turns those words into images. The scrolled-story continues to be passed around the room until all players have a chance to draw. Players read the story created out loud to find out how “this” became “that”! Earn additional points by trying to guess what the other player has drawn or by drawing the funniest picture.

I don't know what to say. Hasbro has managed to take a game consisting of simply pen and paper and add the Cranium name and a price tag.

Ridiculous

Hardly rediculous. EPYC isn't the first version of this game, and I have seen a few different versions that had been published (though for the life of me I can't remember what they were called).

Don't go singling out Hasbro on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
BGG's highest rated party game is a direct copy of a pen and paper parlour game..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Titaniumator wrote:

Nothing new. Battleship was a paper and pencil game, and was published as a pad of paper long before the plastic bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised it took this long and surprised it is under the Cranium Brand.

It definitely makes sense though. If they have a nicer way of passing drawings/sentences around than folding paper it would definitely be worth it.

And I don't see how you can say that $20 price tag is much. That is pretty typical for hasbro party games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How aboutTelestrations that came out last year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henry
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spotted Telestrations at a B&N last week, and instantly though about EPYC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.