Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So after you have the 2 Office(?) cards & draw 4 B/P cards for use to determine the Prestige value, the rules say the players need to remove 0/1/2 of the B/P cards if they are playing with 4/3/2 players.

How is this supposed to be done exactly; random, players choosing, first player choosing, etc? The English rules makes no mention of this as far as I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's explicit under 1.3. Here's the full rule:

1.3) Depending on the number of players, the players now remove 0-2
of the face-up building/person cards (and discard them): with 4 players,
remove no cards; with 3 players, remove the last drawn B/P card; and
with 2 players, remove the last two drawn B/P cards. Office cards are not
removed.

EDIT: I highlighted the germane parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we did it when playing with two was to lay out the two office cards and deal out two B/P cards next to them as the cards for the round.

Then, flip the top two off the deck to add the gold/points values ... didn't really lay them out, just used them to check the numbers.

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Musselman
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
The way we did it when playing with two was to lay out the two office cards and deal out two B/P cards next to them as the cards for the round.

Then, flip the top two off the deck to add the gold/points values ... didn't really lay them out, just used them to check the numbers.
N.

I like that idea, and it helps avoid the "false hopes" situation that we had, where someone starts making plans on the cards as soon as they were turned over for tribute calculation, forgetting that one or two of them were about to be immediately discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I don't see the reasoning, but why are the last two cards removed in a 2 player game? If they are to be removed right away why are they even drawn in the first place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
Maybe I don't see the reasoning, but why are the last two cards removed in a 2 player game? If they are to be removed right away why are they even drawn in the first place?

To set up the influence per money track [can't remember the name] on the left side of the board.

Edit - Found it:

1.2) Next, the “tribute value” is calculated: to do this, the players add all
yellow numbers at the bottom left hand corner of the six face-up cards
and place the beige disc on the left side of the tribute table on the number
matching the sum (the result can be also 0). Similarly, the players sum the
red numbers on the lower right and mark this on the right side of the table
(also here the result can be 0). The tribute table shows the exchange value:
the number of gold coins (GC) a player must spend to “buy” how many
prestige points (PP).

It's there just to calculate the values each turn. After that to make it relatively the same difficulty as with 3 or 4, 2 cards are removed in a 2 player game instead of giving 2 players more choices that aren't there in a 3 or 4 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.