Popular Tags: [View All]
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about this little add-on that will be available with the German edition sometime this year and I was wondering how it's going to be offered to us in the states.

We know it's 6 tiles, which is too few tiles for an actual mini-expansion (as they usually come with 12 tiles).

I then looked at the production sheet that The Tunnel came on and noticed it's a little bit smaller than a 6 tile sheet.

Could we possibly see a mini-expansion available later this year that combines The Tunnel and The Crop Circles much like RGG combined the Cult and Seige tiles? You could get the 10 tiles and the 12 little tunnel chits on a 12 tile production sheet without a problem.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mb
That was what I was thinking would happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Saunamäki
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mb
Exactly my thoughts.

[/q][/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you guys called it. Jay from Rio Grande Games just got back to me and stated that The Tunnel & Crop Circles will be bundled as a stand-alone mini expansion late this Fall. It is almost like they planned it or something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
Looks like you guys called it. Jay from Rio Grande Games just got back to me and stated that The Tunnel & Crop Circles will be bundled as a stand-alone mini expansion late this Fall. It is almost like they planned it or something...

So the question now becomes:

Do I dump my Tunnel expansion now while I can get a good price or keep it for use for the next 8-9 months? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lundberg
Sweden
Skoghall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DS000FSD wrote:

So the question now becomes:

Do I dump my Tunnel expansion now while I can get a good price or keep it for use for the next 8-9 months? laugh

You keep and play with both since they apparantly are different expansions (just like cult places).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom alphin
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Do the new tiles from tunnels and crop cirkels get different looks, like die Katharer and Siege?

that will depend on if the tunnel or crop circle tiles were designed with an exclusivity arrangement. The problem with the original Cathars tiles is that they were contractually exclusive to Spielbox Magazine, and the issue which included the tile went out of stock 4 years ago.

That is why Jay commisioned new art for the RGG Release with the Siege artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone at CarcCentral asked Jay about it a while back and Jay basically said he now has distribution rights for all art produced by HiG or Spielbox. In other words, the Cathars was an early exception to a yet-to-be-defined rule. Tunnels and Crop Circles should have the exact same art as the originals. The only thing I perceive as being different will probably be the watermarks on the Tunnel tiles since that symbol is specific to Spielbox. I rather doubt there will be any symbol on either of the tiles, since that is what Rio Grande generally does with its mini expansions. If you want a watermark, get the German versions of the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
Someone at CarcCentral asked Jay about it a while back and Jay basically said he now has distribution rights for all art produced by HiG or Spielbox. In other words, the Cathars was an early exception to a yet-to-be-defined rule. Tunnels and Crop Circles should have the exact same art as the originals. The only thing I perceive as being different will probably be the watermarks on the Tunnel tiles since that symbol is specific to Spielbox. I rather doubt there will be any symbol on either of the tiles, since that is what Rio Grande generally does with its mini expansions. If you want a watermark, get the German versions of the expansions.

However, considering the fact that the tiles are easily recognizable while on the table, I could care less about the watermark on these or the Tunnels.

I do wish the King tiles and the Games Quarterly tiles had some type of watermark for ease of seperation after a game is over. Those are the only tiles that do not have a distinct tile feature that allows for them to be easily removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, a bunch of expansions lack distinct features (Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders, and Abbey & Mayor all have some) but they all have versions that include watermarks. If you purchase the Big Box 2 or the German Count, King & Consort you can get watermarks on your King expansion, as well as on the River II and Cult Places.

Despite having recognizable features, I always prefer the watermarks because there are really no questions asked by noobs or anyone else when post-game sorting happens. I also have a copy of Tunnels already so would prefer to just get the German version with the wheat stocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
Technically, a bunch of expansions lack distinct features (Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders, and Abbey & Mayor all have some) but they all have versions that include watermarks. If you purchase the Big Box 2 or the German Count, King & Consort you can get watermarks on your King expansion, as well as on the River II and Cult Places.

Despite having recognizable features, I always prefer the watermarks because there are really no questions asked by noobs or anyone else when post-game sorting happens. I also have a copy of Tunnels already so would prefer to just get the German version with the wheat stocks.

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific:

King and Games Quarterly are the only tiles IN MY COLLECTION that do not have watermarks -or- any destinct features lending themselves to ease of seperation at the end of the game.

Though I would prefer watermarks, I can live without them on tiles that I can easily identify, especially since I already spent $20 for the tunnels tiles. I'm hesitant to spend another $20 for just the Crop Circles if I can just get them later this year for $6.

If I could easily score a full German edition of the game for a reasonable price, I'd gladly do so as I'd love to have a more portable version of the base game so I do not have to lug around the Big Box when I'm taking the game on vacation to play with relatives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dunn

Villa Hills
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmb
I just put my own water marks on them, may not be offical but keeps them apart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad news on the release front. I just emailed Jay about the expansion, how it will be arranged and distributed and when it will be released. His response was short and direct:

Quote:
I do not know anything now about when and what. Sorry.

Hopefully he is just being intentionally vague, but it's possible that nothing has been definitely worked out between Hans im Glück, Spielbox and Rio Grande. Not too happy about this news, but I'm glad I finally got a copy of Crop Circles at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anymore news come across? Looks like another Spielbox expansion was just created. We're falling behind here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mahoney
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote to Jay and got this response on Oct 23:

Hi there,

I was wondering if there's a release date yet for Carcarssonne Tunnels & Crop Circles. Thanks!

Phil Mahoney
Vancouver

Response:

No, it will be sometime next year. Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.