Popular Tags: [View All]
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a post to share some information I found out yesterday.

I have had this game on order from TH since Oct of last year. At the time the said they were expecting a restock within 30 days.

Well, that date got pushed to this Feb. It is now Feb, obviously, and there has still been no news anywhere about this game being reprinted.

I wrote TH earlier this week about the status of their restock. I got a nice reply back from Shelly at TH stating they had contacted the publisher and were informed that the game is Out Of Print and there are currently no plans to reprint it. TH is refunding my money and has updated the status of the game on their site.

I just wanted pass on the info to any interested parties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheet
United States
Rochester
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I ordered mine from Funagain about the same time as you, Brother J. My copy was delivered within a week. Sorry you missed out, it's a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blackstratguy wrote:
I ordered mine from Funagain about the same time as you, Brother J. My copy was delivered within a week. Sorry you missed out, it's a great game!

If you are really, truely sorry I can send you my address and you can ship me your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew! Good thing I got my copy during the fall. I kinda figured it was gonna go fast.

But it isn't tough to make a homemade copy and if you have any kind of artistic skill with a wood burning tool you can do a retty functional job of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember Clout Fantasy? You can get tons of Clout disks in different colors cheaply.

Draw you own army, print, stick a transparent plastic sheet on top of the printout and cut with a circle cutter.

Remove the stickers from the Clout disks and stick your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Walker
United States
Bastrop
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do not have this game... then you MUST make your version somehow. It is truly an amazing game with simple rules and stunning depth. It is one of my favorite games for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend subscribing to the game's marketplace section. I did so, and managed to buy a copy this past month at about retail price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheet
United States
Rochester
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
brotherj wrote:

If you are really, truely sorry I can send you my address and you can ship me your game.

Nope, not that sorry. Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Squires
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The situation IS getting gratch
badge
Useless, useless, heavy rain, driving into the sea
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Remember Clout Fantasy? You can get tons of Clout disks in different colors cheaply.

Thanks for the headsup on this - grabbed some off of ebay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian developed the game using Clout disks. They slide nicely enough, but differently than wood.

Pro tip: With enough armies, you can play the four-player partnership game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy today. And man is it fun. The wood slides so easily on the tables. Almost like tactical pool... that's amazing in itself. Can't wait for an expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is sad. I asked for a copy for Christmas but it was by then out of stock most places. I figured I would get it come Feb - apparently not. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
So if the game sold out (and apparently sold out pretty quickly) why would a publisher not have plans to reprint it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manfredini
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Check out Island Siege!
badge
Geekmail me for a Venture Forth promo!
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
So if the game sold out (and apparently sold out pretty quickly) why would a publisher not have plans to reprint it?

There are plans, but that's all I can say. I recommend everyone geekmail Ian and ask him to make an announcement:

Ian Cooper
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alywin Fruge
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have enjoyed Taktika (especially when Taktika is played on a "fast" surface like a Crokinole or Zopp board) but I can see where it will run into stiff competition from Catacombs in this niche arena. Granted, the scales and even sub-genres reflected in each game are different but they most certainly scratch a very very similar itch.

I really like Taktika so my collection has room for both but I also can see where the market might quickly forget about it without some kind of update on it's future once Catacombs makes it's arrival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alywin wrote:
I have enjoyed Taktika (especially when Taktika is played on a "fast" surface like a Crokinole or Zopp board) but I can see where it will run into stiff competition from Catacombs in this niche arena. Granted, the scales and even sub-genres reflected in each game are different but they most certainly scratch a very very similar itch.

I really like Taktika so my collection has room for both but I also can see where the market might quickly forget about it without some kind of update on it's future once Catacombs makes it's arrival.

Taktika still is fast wargame with flicking, inexpensive (at least when it was in print) and portable. I dont think Catacombs will be as fast, as portable and inexpensive as Taktika
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.