8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Any solitaire WWII Pacific Theater games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bauer
msg tools
Hi,

Does anyone know of any solitaire World War II Pacific Theater games?

I would love to be able to play a game similar to Axis & Allies: Pacific, but for solitaire play. I am hoping to find solitaire games that are more strategic (theater-scale) in scope rather than tactical (small-unit) games like Combat Commander: Pacific.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's Operation Olympic, which was designed as a solitaire game. However, it's not a theater-wide game by any means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carrier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Carrier only covers individual naval battles.

I think it's difficult enough for someone to design a solitaire, theater-scale game where the frontlines are land-bound and contiguous. Trying to do the same for the island-hopping nature of the Pacific theater has to be a lot more difficult.

Tokyo Express is a solitaire system that also covers the battles around Guadalcanal. I know that isn't the scale you seek, but it is in the Pacific Theater.

Battle Hymn is a solitaire game covering squad-level battle between the U.S. and the Japanese, using the acclaimed Ambush game system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Beach One: Tarawa is solitaire of the one battle.

Theater wide, I've never heard of one. But Fire in the Sky: The Great Pacific War 1941-1945 and Columbia's Pacific Victory are both small enough to play solo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silent War
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory Point Games should do something like this... if they aren't already working on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in French, but there's Typhon sur le Pacifique from Vae Victus magazine. Translations are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.