Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lilned wrote:
So, the Dryads basically have a built in underworld (forests instead of underworld), plus they're like elves on those spaces, plus you get a lot of them... seems a little unbalanced.

I have play tested the Dryads several times and they are pretty good and function very well I found...

As you pointed out they have a sort of built in underworld capacity on forests and a limited elves capacity on these spaces. So they can be seen as a limited traveling equivalent of the elves. In my several games with them I found them fun and a good to play with...
I did not find any balance problem as they don't have any Vp capacity and can be smashed outside of forests unlike the elves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dyrads
Also their "Underworld/Forest" ability isn't as good as the real Underworld ability, since they don't get -1 on attack on forests.

Personally I think they are OK, but then I've only tried them in one game.

Lars

PS. it's Dryads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On topic but not: Just because this thread is near the top and about the Dryads, I will note (the very minor error) for the creators of the PDF to address. Dryads is misspelled "Dyades."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
On topic but not: Just because this thread is near the top and about the Dryads, I will note (the very minor error) for the creators of the PDF to address. Dryads is misspelled "Dyades."

Actually, both "dryads" and "dryades" are acceptable plurals. The latter is a transliteration of the Greek plural, the former is a plural according to normal English grammar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. But under "Trapper" section it says "Dyades" not "Dryades" nor "Dryads." (Not that the creators asked me to proofread or anything. *smile*)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
Indeed. But under "Trapper" section it says "Dyades" not "Dryades" nor "Dryads." (Not that the creators asked me to proofread or anything. *smile*)

Oops, I didn't notice the missing "r". I got pedantic with no justification blush. Thanks!

Don't feel bad about unsolicited proofreading (and you probably don't). I do it too sometimes, and appreciate it when others help me out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Milke
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't be Forest Dryads way too strong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.