Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to give this expansion a try, as Harry's Wabash Cannonball was the game that got me into train gaming in the first place. Obviously this appears to be entirely unavailable at this point and, while I could probably piece together a miserable looking self-printed copy using images available, I would still be missing rules.

Anyone know if there's a way to contact the author to get a copy of the rules and/or permission to print a copy on my own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
So we have decided that he is a real person?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know or particularly care. I just want to get hold of this expansion (or the rules at least).

Edit: Looking at Harry Wu's bgg page, I see there's an email address listed. I've sent off a message to him in the off-chance that he's still living on earth and is able to respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wolfram Janich (appears to be) still selling his 1830: Variant Box #1, which contains a copy of 1830: Wabash Cannonball Variant among other things (see the pictures etc I posted). ObNote: I bought my copy from the secondary market.

Background: John Bohrer has indicated that Winsome Games still controls the license to 1830: Wabash Cannonball Variant, that Wolfram Janich still has license to print/sell 1830: Wabash Cannonball Variant, but that he's also open to licensing the expansion to another publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
According to this thread ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/432942/wolfram-janichs-e... )
you can GeekMail this user

N/A

to get contact info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks JC and Chris. Looking into this option now. I had looked at the Variant Box BGG page, but it looked just as dead as this one and lacked any URL or further info, so I decided to start here, since it's particularly the Wabash kit in which I am most interested.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
jrebelo wrote:
Thanks JC and Chris. Looking into this option now. I had looked at the Variant Box BGG page, but it looked just as dead as this one and lacked any URL or further info...

That may be because I created the game entries for the various 1830 expansions etc just a few months ago, and there are few enough copies of them in the market (very small hundreds if that many), and even fewer in the hands of BGG users for content to resemble hen's teeth.

Quote:
...I decided to start here, since it's particularly the Wabash kit in which I am most interested.

I've not yet played the Wabash expansion, but I predict that it fits in the good but not great space. I also suspect that it throws a rather severe bork in larger player games, especially 6-player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the old license expired, Harry has asked me to make the 1830 Wabash expansion available for US$20 in North America and 20 EURO in Europe, shipping & handling included.

For more info, email winsome@fyi.net with 1830 - Wabash in the Subject line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Woot!

A bunch went out this week.

Color map & tiles
Stocks
Trains
Charter
Rules
Tokens

Its on sheets so folks can laminate things if they want, or just cut it up and play it. The Tokens are already mounted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Money order on the way! Don't send them all away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm really glad to see this one getting broader distribution John. Good show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.