Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
COMING UP NEXT WEEK:

On Monday, February 15 we will be hosting a live demonstration of Mark Miklos' Battles of the American Revolution series at 8:30 p.m.

On Tuesday night, February 16, we will be hosting a live demonstration of Mark Herman's upcoming release, "Washington's War!"

You can get all of the details on how to join these demos from GMT's website: http://www.gmtgames.com/t-GMTVentrilo.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joel_m_toppen wrote:
COMING UP NEXT WEEK:

On Monday, February 15 we will be hosting a live demonstration of Mark Miklos' Battles of the American Revolution series at 8:30 p.m.

On Tuesday night, February 16, we will be hosting a live demonstration of Mark Herman's upcoming release, "Washington's War!"

You can get all of the details on how to join these demos from GMT's website: http://www.gmtgames.com/t-GMTVentrilo.aspx

Thanks Joel... any chance we can produce a YouTube video of the session?

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for clarity, it is 8:30 pm Eastern Time. (I know it clearly says that on the site, but just thought I'd put that here as well.)

I can't wait! A good way to return from what looks to be a nice 3-day weekend (in the USA). Thanks a ton for setting this up! And I second a YouTube video...even if out of space concerns you can only do a YouTube version of a couple of game turns, at least some would be better than none...and it will probably make good advertising as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barrett Warren

Litchfield Park
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any chance of getting to see the rules, some of the components (map, cards, etc...)...? I was charged for it and I don't think I've bought a game before that had so little on the GMT website about ... Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The VASSAL module is available (I think from Consimworld) and latest version of the playtest rules and picture of the map are certainly located on Consimworld -- see the Links section on BGG for the link.

That said, I do think the sooner GMT has the production rules on their site the better it will help for sales. Some people may not feel comfortable until they know what the final rules are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The VASSAL module presently on Consimworld is out of date. The one we'll be using for the demo will be the finished product with all final graphics, bells, and whistles.

Quote:
any chance we can produce a YouTube video of the session?

I'll have an audio MP3 recording but no video yet. Sorry. Players can playback a VASSAL logfile as they listen to the audio file.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playback of VASSAL log file and audio is perhaps even better, since it is essentially almost the same functionality, but with a lot lower space and bandwidth requirement. Fabulous news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kemp
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had the pleasure of watching the Live Demo of Washington's War.

Excellent coverage by Joel and it looks like a very polished game.

Thanks.

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the "it snowed there this year" comment...I'll admit to it. Not meant at all as a legit criticism, I think the snow line is well-placed where it is...just caught up in the moment...and wanted to get a quick chuckle out of Joel

Joel, you did a fabulous job; I can tell you have a deep passion for this game and that a lot of effort has gone into it. I am excited!

I know last night really wasn't the place and time, rules explanations were the primary objective as they should be for the first demo, but at some point in time I think it would be interesting to do something similar except looking at some strategies. I really enjoyed the format and found it extremely useful.

One follow-up question:

I am looking for the online tournament mentioned on Consimworld, can someone help me get to the right place? I am so unfamiliar with the Consimworld site.

I'm not sure if I want to sign up yet...I'll be moving next month, so it depends on when it starts...but I want to at least see if it's an option.

Also, if someone wants to meet to play me sometime, I'm willing to play online; send me a message. I am not familiar with ACTS yet, but I learn fast so I can spend a day or two getting up to speed and be ready to play that way. I am already familiar with Vassal's interface, although I'm new there too so I have not yet actually played a game with an online player, only solo. I am also willing to simply watch a regular game as an observer as well. I'll admit it, I'm addicted to Washington's War...checking this site religiously and haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

Maybe one day I can even play Joel...but that would be scary right now!

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, did anyone record the session for us lazy Europeans who slept at that time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asleep at 8:30 pm Eastern? It's only Wednesday morning for you! That's what alarm clocks are for! *chuckles*

Yes, it is recorded, available from the GMT page under previous sessions Joel linked to with the announcement. There is a vmod file that is the log file to load into Vassal, and a .mp3 file for the voice. Here is a direct link (it may be on page 2 for some people, depending on your settings on that page):

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=82ba9b09cef94de008f8df73f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sam! Yes, we recorded both the Washington's War demo and the Guilford Courthouse demo.

Enjoy!

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I am looking for the online tournament mentioned on Consimworld, can someone help me get to the right place? I am so unfamiliar with the Consimworld site.

Go to this website and post a message asking to join in on the fun: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@741.QbGnamAaMg0.111@.1dd...

If you don't have a Consimworld Account, click the Email Sysop button on the bottom of the page and send a request to John Kranz to join the Consimworld community.

Quote:
Maybe one day I can even play Joel...but that would be scary right now!

Believe me, I'm not that good of a player of this game. Some of our playtesters were WtP sharks and they're very, very good.

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.