Popular Tags: [View All]
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed some units have an hourglass and a net, and some just have a net. Is there any difference between the functioning of these units? One unit (i think the Net Fighter) is just one net and a hourglass...which seems odd considering the rules say the nets are always in effect anyway. Is this just a redundancy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Units that don't have an attack initiative show the hourglass symbol by default, so that's why it shows up on the Net Fighter. For units with both attacks and nets, you're correct that the nets are always in effect regardless of initiative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmmtofu wrote:
Units that don't have an attack initiative show the hourglass symbol by default, so that's why it shows up on the Net Fighter. For units with both attacks and nets, you're correct that the nets are always in effect regardless of initiative.

Ah great, that makes sense. I didn't even notice that the Net Fighter has no attacks. Thanks Greg!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Every unit, regardless of whether it's a soldier, module or HQ, has an initiative. By default, it's an X (hourglass) one. If a unit is doing something in a specific initiative, like, most commonly, attacking, then that X is replaced with a proper number.

tl;dr if a unit doesn't attack, it has an X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.